ELEPHANT FLATWARE BY DREXEL?

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by journeymagazine, Jan 18, 2020.

1. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

I found this cool flatware set in a box of stuff left to me by my mom. I googled 'Elephant flatware by Drexel' and found a lot of these patterns - but most were marked Thailand and there were slight differences like the top being flat instead of round (https://www.etsy.com/listing/822603...re-exotic-solid?show_sold_out_detail=1&frs=10) - these have no markings at all.
    Do you think these made by Drexel?
    Thanks

COLLECTIBLE SILVERWARE ELEPHANTS 1AA_ZZ.jpg COLLECTIBLE SILVERWARE ELEPHANTS 4ZZ.jpg COLLECTIBLE SILVERWARE ELEPHANTS 5A_AAZZ.JPG COLLECTIBLE SILVERWARE ELEPHANTS 5A_AAZZ_ZZ.JPG

2. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

No idea how Drexel comes into it; I know them as a furniture manufacturer. The cloth those are in probably came out of a sideboard. The flatware looks like it came out of Thailand.

Sandra, Christmasjoy and Bakersgma like this.
  3. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

I agree with Ruth. They had nothing to do with making the flatware.

Christmasjoy likes this.
  4. wiscbirddog

wiscbirddog Well-Known Member

5. necollectors

necollectors Well-Known Member

The Drexel is the holder that the flatware was in. Drexel is a furniture company Drexal Heritage...that 'Cloth' came from the silverware draw in the China Cabinet.

Show us the backs of some of the elephant utensils. Your silverware has nothing to do with Drexel.

Christmasjoy likes this.
  6. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

I'll take pic - bit the backs are blank

judy likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted