Emmett Fritz Watercolor St. Augustine Original Or Print?

Discussion in 'Art' started by Kevolee, Apr 16, 2022.

1. Kevolee

Kevolee Well-Known Member

Hi, I am fairly sure this is an original signed watercolor on board by Emmett Fritz, but I would like somebody with a better eye and more knowledge to give an opinion. He did many watercolor and some oil paintings of St. George St. in St. Augustine Florida with a similar perspective as the one I have. Many look very similar to each other but there are noticeable differences. There are also different sizes and mine is one of the smaller ones. The frame is 16.5" by 13.5" and the actual image size is about 9.75" by 6.75". The colors and signature are very vivid. Thanks in advance for any ideas or thoughts.

IMG_E4243.JPG IMG_E4244.JPG IMG_4250.JPG IMG_4245.JPG IMG_4247.JPG IMG_4248.JPG IMG_4246.JPG IMG_E4251.JPG

judy likes this.
  2. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Over 10,000 works. He was certainly prolific, wasn't he? Subject right. Signature looks right. I'd think it is what it appears to be. A little souvenir painting. Looks like watercolor and gouache on art board. Given its simplicity of execution, I'd think a later work (which is when an artist's work tends to distill his style.)

Debora

David Broom and Boland like this.
  3. Kevolee

Kevolee Well-Known Member

Thank you, Debora. I was almost certain it was an original but when I started researching of course I found so many that were very similar that I had to look closely at them and at the one I have. Everything on my walls is a signed original or print so this will go up for a bit, but it's not really my taste, so probably not for long. Thanks again.

Draft saved Draft deleted