Featured Enamel pearl pendant.

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by MrMadhatter, Jun 17, 2018.

1. MrMadhatter

MrMadhatter Active Member

Picked this up this morning, just wondering on age and what it is likely to be made of, i am pretty sure its not gold, I am guessing silver gilt c1900? does anyone know why it has some sort of card at the back? the font should give a good idea of age to those who recognize it at least:) The two other items were bought at the same time from the same seller and im guessing all belonged to the same person origionaly, an unmarked silver citrine brooch and an unmarked silver gilt paste pendant.

its quite small at 18mm across.

pendant.jpg pendant back.jpg

Last edited: Jun 17, 2018
  2. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

It's missing a glass back. That would have held a piece of hair or whatever. Early 20th/late 19th.

3. MrMadhatter

4. MrMadhatter

Ah yes that makes sense, thank you:)

Christmasjoy likes this.
  5. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Citrines are lovely. That brooch is late 19th from the pin length.Oh, and the other pendant is engine turned guilloche enamel.

Fid, Christmasjoy, kyratango and 3 others like this.
  6. MrMadhatter

Thats great thank you, I think they must have belonged to the same person - Always worth getting up early for a carboot sale:)

Christmasjoy and kyratango like this.
  7. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

I'm wearing a cameo pendant right now that is suspended in that same way. I know who cut it, so I know when it was probably set: first half of 19th century. It's a Renasissance-influenced look. These are in the Met:

[​IMG]

8. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

I'd take either one of those; I'm not picky.(LOL)

9. Marko

Marko Well-Known Member

I am yearning for a pair of 14k pearl, ruby, and white enamel retro earrings I saw in Lambertville. I searched the internet, nothing like them, but.....the price is not right.

Any Jewelry, Christmasjoy and Bronwen like this.
  10. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

Beautiful jewelry in this thread, posted by @MrMadhatter and @Bronwen . Makes me want to buy some antique jewelry. :)

11. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

A word of warning. When you do, you won't be able to stop.;) I speak from experience.:greedy::happy:

12. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

Oh, I know! One thing that does stop me is that there are not many good local venues here for buying antique jewelry in person. I have in the past bought some online, with mixed results. Some bad decisions I made. So I prefer to buy in person! So usually I wait until I'm traveling somewhere. That does keep me in check. ;)

Christmasjoy, Any Jewelry and Bronwen like this.
  13. Jaime Riggs

Jaime Riggs Well-Known Member

Could it be guilloche? Does it look like enamel over the metal?

Christmasjoy likes this.
  14. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

You are right. Obb already mentioned engine turned guilloche.:)

Christmasjoy likes this.
  15. Jaime Riggs

Jaime Riggs Well-Known Member

oh sorry, I didn't see it!

Any Jewelry likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted