Ephemera: Looking for award, merit, or music certificates

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by Spaceman92, Nov 30, 2017.

1. Spaceman92

Spaceman92 New Member

Hello! I live in the UK and I have a hobby collecting award certificates, mostly from today back to the 1990s/1980s, though sometimes I pick up older awards too.

I'm wondering if there's anyone here also in the UK who has any award certificates sitting around in a folder or attic somewhere that they don't mind parting with, for example merit certificates awarded at school, or other achievement certificates..

I'm also looking for any associated board of the royal schools of music grade certificates from the 1990s and newer. It's been hard to track any down, so any help in that regard would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time and attention!

2. KingofThings

KingofThings 'Illiteracy is a terrible thing to waist' - MHH

Welcome!
    That seems to be quite an unusual collection!
    I’m sure some of us would like to see a few examples if you would be so kind. :)

Spaceman92, Christmasjoy and Debora like this.
  3. KingofThings

4. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

5. all_fakes

all_fakes Well-Known Member

Welcome, and best of luck with your collecting!

Spaceman92 and KingofThings like this.
  6. Natasha

Natasha Well-Known Member

Welcome, are you interested in Soviet award certificates? I have one for the outstanding work achievements from 1946.

7. KingofThings

>>>POOF!<<<
    Zinnnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggggggggggggggg..............
    Disappeared. :p

Any Jewelry likes this.
  8. Spaceman92

Spaceman92 New Member

Thank you to everyone who's replied to the thread, you're all very welcoming!

Afraid I've been having some issues with my PC, ended up needing to replace a hard drive, reinstall everything from scratch, and catch back up on everything. I'll see if I have any photos kicking about that I can upload if you're interested in what kinds of things I collect, I'll attach them in another post.

Afraid I'm more interested in British/American awards, but thank you anyway.

KingofThings and Any Jewelry like this.
  9. Spaceman92

Spaceman92 New Member

If anyone was after examples, I've managed to locate and trim photos of a selection of the kinds of things I like to collect. Perhaps unusually, I prefer to go for newer certificates than older examples, besides from personal taste, I think it's worth saving this kind of ephemera now rather than later. That said, I do like to collect and hold on to anything older if I come across it.

I've collected the awards pictured from all sorts of places, a few friends, some local antiques/ephemera fairs, and mostly the good people of the internet.

Just to be on the safe side, I've censored names and identifying details on the awards for everything less than 20 years old - some of the certificates are as recent as having been issued last year.

cert (1).png cert (2).png cert (3).png cert (4).png cert (5).png cert (6).png cert (7).png cert (8).png cert (9).png cert (10).png

AJefferson and KingofThings like this.
  10. KingofThings

Welcome back then! :)

Spaceman92 likes this.
  11. Spaceman92

Spaceman92 New Member

On the chance that someone's interested in the thread, I picked up this recently:

1967HSD.png

Perfect condition and still crisp.

KingofThings likes this.
  12. 916Bulldogs123

916Bulldogs123 Well-Known Member

I don't suppose you're looking for anything a lot older then 90's I have this certificate from 1931 For Olive P Endres, American Composer.

Mike

atree 20721.jpg

13. Spaceman92

Spaceman92 New Member

I am more inclined to collecting modern era certificates, but I am interested in older stuff especially if it's in good condition like that. I have a few certificates from the 30s-50s, mostly music awards and diplomas.

Draft saved Draft deleted