Ermogene Miragelia Original Oil

Discussion in 'Art' started by Justin Williamson, Mar 8, 2020.

1. Bought this original oil today without knowing much about it. Got it for a steal. Anyone have info as to what they are going for. I don't subscribe to artnet or worthpoint. Most sites you have to pay to see what they are selling for. I think somewhere around 600 or up but not sure. It's about 24" x 36", artist live from 1907-1964. Thanks!

Attached Files:

Any Jewelry and kyratango like this.
  2. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

Be sure to click on "FULL IMAGE" after loading photos so they don't appear as thumbnails.

I think folk are going to need a close up of the signature, anything else written and possibly the back.

3. Ok, thank you!

4. It is a Ermogene Miragelia Original Oil. I just can't find an auction price for it. Thanks!

5. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Even so... We do appreciate photographs of the full work including frame both front and back along with close-ups of the signature and any stickers, labels, and/or hand-written notations. Assists us in assisting you.

Debora

6. blooey

blooey Well-Known Member

the artist's name is Ermogene Miraglia not Ermogene Miragelia.

Look that up instead.

Nice portrait!

7. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

It is a nice example of his work. Looks like an earlier piece. Here's something similar but not as nice.

Debora

Ermogene Miraglia [ 1907-1964] Fanciulla con Rose.jpg

8. Thank you!

Christmasjoy and judy like this.
  9. Thank you!

10. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Somewhere on the Italian internet, it referred to the artist as doing seasonal paintings. The roses above could well be used to depict Spring. And yours, of course, would be Fall.

Debora

Any Jewelry and kyratango like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted