Erotic / erotica / curiosa

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by JayBee, Dec 21, 2018.

?

Do you think this makes sense?

1. Yes, I would like to see such a forum created!

50.0%
  2. No, I think you are nuts and such a forum makes no sense!

50.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JayBee

JayBee Well-Known Member

Greetings Antiquers!

As you most know, I am a new member, and I am still exploring and trying to get a hang of how things work... so accept this as a question/invitation/suggestion and part of my exploration of Antiquers.

I have seen a few posts with erotic pieces; looks like some members may be interested in the subject, some even refer to this subject as "my favorite," yet, I have a feeling (please correct me if I am wrong) that anything erotic is somewhat sensitive and taboo, or almost, and some members may be prudish and that intimidates others who might (or would like to) be more open.

Not sure if it would make sense or not, and if it would be possible, but any way a forum could be created specifically for all things erotic / erotica / curiosa, and used as a space to share an interest in these pieces (whatever they might be (prints, sculptures, painting, drawings, etc.) and also as a place for Antiquers' members to feel more at ease asking questions and sharing their findings?

I would also suggest that said forum, if it were to be created, might be used for buying/selling any such pieces, in order to keep it all together. This way, people who feel the subject is sensitive, would know not to venture into these area... or where to go if curious about it.

We are all adults here, and I just feel that this would seem like the right thing to do, in order to avoid the "hums..." and "ahs..." and "erh..." and "you know what..." and the apparent fear of hurting sensibilities.

Just my 2 cents... If it does not make sense, or goes against the way Antiquers operates, please ignore my suggestion and accept my apologies. If it makes sense, I would very much like to see such a space created.

Last, I am not sure where this should go... I believe it was created under the forum "Wanted" but would appreciate it if a moderator/forum owner would move it to where it would make sense to find it and give it due exposure, so Antiquers may vote on it.

Thank you!

scoutshouse likes this.
  2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

We are all adults here,
    No...not all of us.

forum could be created specifically for all things erotic
    1. it would take away from other forums.....so, lets say someone had a chinese doctors female model in porcelain .....& posted.." I have this...is it erotic ? ".... potties would not find it .... & thus not be able to help identify it.
    2. Our Forums concern is more with the medium...

might be used for buying/selling any such pieces,
    We have a sell forum for just that purpose....which has been recently pointed out that it receives very little traffic....and less transactions.

anything erotic is somewhat sensitive and taboo
    There is nothing I have seen here to base this on.
    Lately we've seen several naked lady paintings...and our Jokes thread is replete with naughty humor.... that I've yet to receive a complaint about.....;);)

Those who do not wish to be involved with any erotica in any medium need not click on that thread......or having run into it by innocence....can simply turn away from it..... or set their PREFERENCES to ignore the thread or person who posts such things.

You're not the 1st to suggest a new Forum.....but it seems the site operator has his limits...tech or otherwise....
    @daveydempsey ...could speak more to that..!

3. Christmasjoy

Christmasjoy Well-Known Member

I'm certainly not a prude but I don't see a need for a special thread for Erotica .. there's plenty of places on the internet for that sort of thing. We are primarily focused on antiques and information on them, yes .. sure there are a few antiques that some would deem as erotic, but are usually beautiful antique paintings or statues. I personally don't see a need for the kind of thread that you are suggesting here on the Antiquers forum. Just my honest opinion ... Joy.

4. Christmasjoy

Christmasjoy Well-Known Member

And Yes ... I agree with Komo ... Joy.

5. daveydempsey

daveydempsey Moderator Moderator

Its not happening.

6. Bookahtoo

Bookahtoo Moderator Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.