Estate military pin question. Thank you.

Discussion in 'Militaria' started by Lucille.b, Jul 12, 2018.

1. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

These pieces are coming up at a local estate sale. Was specifically asking about the military pin.

Can anyone give me some keywords or link a comparable piece? Mostly was trying to determine whether this be a good resale item. Thank you.

1.jpg2.jpg

i need help and bobsyouruncle like this.
  2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

i like the watch better for resale.........

i need help and bobsyouruncle like this.
  3. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

most probably an old nurse's watch

i need help and Any Jewelry like this.
  4. Lucille.b

Thanks Komokwa and Alors. These two pieces (well, esp. the military one) are completely out of my field. The estate is a professionally run sale by a new young team and not sure they know the harder-to-research items like these. That said they might have close to no resale value -- so checking here. Additional comments and/or link to similar welcome of course. Not sure what keywords to use on that top pin. "Military pin" brings up way too many matches. Thanks.

komokwa and i need help like this.
  5. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

I just noticed P.C. on the military pin. For police constable?
    The surname looks like Gulick. I know the name Gulick as a Dutch name, derived from the German bordertown of Jülich. Doesn't mean much really, those Dutch are everywhere nowadays, no getting rid of them.;)

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
    Aquitaine, i need help and Lucille.b like this.
  6. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

If it's military, it might be one of those municipal medals given out after the War. Just about every larger city in the US had them, and some were even created for manufacturers to give to employees if memory serves. They were done for Civil War vets too, but this looks like the 1920s. It wasn't designed to be engraved originally is my guess; the silver looks like chrome. The PC does look like Police Constable, indicating this was civilian...so while the 1920s date is probably close enough, the rest...dunno. Buy it if you think it's cool. The watch looks like something from the late 40s; I LIKE that.

7. Lucille.b

This is helpful. I think because they photographed these together they might possibly be in a lot. Would not be surprised to see the two for sale in the vicinity of $20, esp if the watch part does not work. I have no desire to get these unless they have resale - but will play it by ear at the sale. Who knows if they will even be there or not. The odd military pin has value so thought I'd check. Thanks!

8. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

907AD460-2D5C-4615-979F-D25D3B13347B.jpeg I think the watch says Avalon

Lucille.b likes this.
  9. hamptonauction

hamptonauction Well-Known Member

I believe that the large pin is a Knights of Pythias jewel.

Figtree3, komokwa, Lucille.b and 4 others like this.
  10. SBSVC

SBSVC Well-Known Member

What about a fraternal organization? Maybe something like Knights of Pythias?

Ooops - Hampton beat me to it!

11. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

12. Lucille.b

Brilliant. Solved as usual on this amazing site! :)

Already found one unsold on Ebay for $19.99 so I'm going to pass on the fraternal pin. Thank you!

INH, thank you for noticing the "Avalon" on the watch. Helpful. Just did a quick Ebay search. Most Avalon's don't sell well, but a few do. I'll see what they are asking and play it by ear if it is still at the sale. Thanks!

komokwa, i need help and Any Jewelry like this.
  13. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

14. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

15. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted