Estate sale #3 IL Jan 10-12: Toys, Advertising, Railroad, University memorabilia, Books, Postcards

Discussion in 'Sell' started by verybrad, Jan 6, 2020.

1. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

2. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

GOOD LUCK.....Hope it all goes well!!!!!!

Ghopper1924 likes this.
  3. patd8643

patd8643 Well-Known Member

kyratango and Ghopper1924 like this.
  4. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

5. NewEngland

NewEngland Well-Known Member

I've got to ask about the stacked pottery heads. What are they? Mr. Deyoe had a very good eye for the unusual! I also see a couple of old robots (my son collects robots).

kyratango likes this.
  6. verybrad

The pottery was john's done in the 60s. We thought there was a limited amount but we keep finding more.

kyratango, NewEngland and komokwa like this.
  7. verybrad

Sale is tomorrow. People were lining up yesterday morning!

8. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

Wow, that must have been some sale. Was this the last of the sales?

verybrad, kyratango and NewEngland like this.
  9. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

This is according to Brad in the thread about this man's estate.

Next up for us is a private sale of Local history and University of Illinois memorabilia. This will be held the evening of Jan. 20th. Names were taken during this sale for anyone who wanted an invitation. We took about 40 names. This sale will also be posted to facebook groups for local history and U of I memorabilia collectors for invitation.
    Also up will be a private postcard sale with dates to be determined. Names were also collected for this during the recent sale. I think we collected less than 10 but have some others we can invite.

Our 4th general sale will be Feb. 7-9. We have already unpacked and sorted the majority of the material for this sale and start staging this week. This sale is expected to be the largest yet, with a new large room added to the floor space for the sale.

Next general unpacking day will be Jan. 17th. There are still hundreds of boxes to unpack (500 or more) so we still have a long way to go. material continues to be sent to regional auction houses and to ebay. The lease ends on our building at the end of March so we really have to get this done in a timely manner.

https://www.antiquers.com/threads/ultimate-hoarders-estate.42469/

10. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

Apparently not the last sale, lol.

Got to re-check that other thread. Absolutely unbelievable the quantity ...and of INTERESTING things!

verybrad, bercrystal and kyratango like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted