Featured Esther A. Hunt, "Invocation"

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Roaring20s, Feb 12, 2021.

1. Roaring20s

Roaring20s Well-Known Member

2. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

This signature on the above chalkware plaque appears to be applied from what I can see from the enlargement below....am I correct to assume this would be correct for this type of work?? I really have no idea....learning curve for me here......

SIGNAT-HUNT-art-scale-2_00x.jpg

judy likes this.
  3. Roaring20s

I've only seen a few busts and prints, in person, and do not know the answer to your question Aquitaine.
    Here is a fresh image of the © Esther Hunt.
    DSCN0018.JPG

judy likes this.
  4. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

WOW!!! Thank you!! That's a MUCH BRIGHTER and CLEARER image than I saw from before......it looked like the copyrite "©" and then just initials!! I can clearly see that's painted on now and her First & Last names!

Houseful and judy like this.
  5. Roaring20s

It's hard to see from the picture, but the letters are incised.

Aquitaine and judy like this.
  6. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

I love her, the style, and I have a thing for Asian ritual subjects.
    I can't find this particular plaque, but there are a few others on Etsy if you are interested in current prices. They are not nearly as nice as yours though.

https://www.etsy.com/search?q=esther hunt plaque

Last edited: Feb 13, 2021
    Roaring20s likes this.
  7. Roaring20s

Thanks for the link. Those are the same plaques that I've seen. I much prefer the mystical theme instead of the cute children! :)

Any Jewelry likes this.
  8. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

So do I.

Draft saved Draft deleted