Featured Etched Crystal Pitcher and Glasses

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Rosiposey, Jul 28, 2021.

1. Rosiposey

Rosiposey Member

I have been wading through glass articles, books and pictures and cannot find this shape base. Any ideas? I have the pitcher and 6 water goblets. Crystal set 1.jpg Crystal set 1.jpg Crystal set 2.jpg Etched glass pattern.jpg Etched pitcher 2.jpg Etched pitcher.jpg Glass base.jpg

2. Bdigger

Bdigger Well-Known Member

The pattern is called OLD COLONY. Made by Heisey, it is considered elegant Depression Glass. 1930-1939. Looks like the shape of the base is Heisey Carcassone

3. Iowa Jayhawk

Iowa Jayhawk Well-Known Member

Bdigger beat me to it. This identification app at Replacements.com works like a charm.

LauraGarnet02, judy and Rosiposey like this.
  4. Rosiposey

Rosiposey Member

Oh my goodness! How did you find so much information? I have been looking everywhere! Thank you so much:)

LauraGarnet02 and judy like this.
  5. Rosiposey

Rosiposey Member

I tried Replacements.com, but didn't pull anything up. Is the app different?

LauraGarnet02 and judy like this.
  6. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

one of the issues with "R" is they very often use the etch name as a pattern name. In this case the glass is #3390 Carcassonne c1930-41 and the etch is #448 Old Colony; so "R" has it listed as 'Old Colony' but the #448 etch was used on multiple Heisey glass patterns. You'll also find #3390 pattern with other etches at "R" with each listed by the name of the etch. Try searching by the etch number and/or pattern number.

7. Iowa Jayhawk

I don't know if it requires an account with them, but on the top right of their home page, there is a search box. If you click on the camera in that box it opens a "Search with Photo" window. Follow their directions and there you have it. Works very quickly and depending on how good your photo is, it limits the list of possibliitles.

8. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

I just tried it with a piece that I recently posted here for help & the first one shown was the same one that @ola402 identified for me. :happy::happy::happy:

Thanks so much for the tip!! :happy::happy::kiss::kiss::kiss:

LauraGarnet02 and DizzyDaff like this.
  9. Doot Boi

Doot Boi Well-Known Member

Ooo, there's an app for pattern identification now?

LauraGarnet02, Tanya and bercrystal like this.
  10. Iowa Jayhawk

It works pretty well. At least it can give you a place to start.

LauraGarnet02, Tanya and bercrystal like this.
  11. Rosiposey

Rosiposey Member

Soooooo helpful! Thanks so much:)

LauraGarnet02 likes this.
  12. Rosiposey

Rosiposey Member

Fantistic tip! Thanks for taking the time to respond.

13. Rosiposey

Rosiposey Member

Now another question please. Is there a forum to sell on antiquers.com? If you like something someone posted a question about, do you just write to them directly to see if they'd like to sell? I want to be sure I am following the guidelines.

14. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

You must contact the poster by use of the "Conversation" function (which is like a private message on other sites.)

15. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

The Sell Forum here doesn't get much action.

16. Rosiposey

Rosiposey Member

Thank you:happy:

Draft saved Draft deleted