Featured European porcelain mark

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Steven S., Sep 24, 2023.

1. Steven S.

Steven S. Well-Known Member

Could use some help identifying the maker of this porcelain figure. It’s a little girl peering into a large open egg with three little chicks. I’ve looked through a lot of marks and not had any luck yet. Thanks.

IMG_1694.jpeg IMG_1705.jpeg

2. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Can we get a larger focused pic of the mark, please?

Any Jewelry likes this.
  3. Steven S.

That’s as focused as it can get as it blurry on the piece. It appears to be a crown over a shield but what is inside the shield is not distinguishable.

4. Steven S.

5. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

Any Jewelry, Steven S. and Roaring20s like this.
  6. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

7. Kronos

Kronos Well-Known Member

8. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

I think you got it @say_it_slowly!! :happy::happy:

I had looked in Kovel's book & didn't see anything with a cross at the top of the crown & swirling letters on the shield. :(:(

I just looked up Galluba & Hofmann to see if I might have missed it but this book doesn't even have this mark included. :rolleyes::rolleyes::facepalm:

I did a search for their figurines & they did a lot of bathing beauties & nudes. Even in the photos, you could see the quality of their work. :happy:

There was this one though that someone called Girl with Chickens. :jawdrop::jawdrop: :confused:

I don't think little girls come with hoofs. :hilarious::hilarious:

https://www.antiqon.com/fr/viewItem/shop/Figurine-Girl-with-chickens-Galluba-&-Hofmann--3069/

say_it_slowly and Steven S. like this.
  9. Steven S.

Thanks everyone! I think that’s the mark. It’s a beautiful piece and I’m glad to know who made it.

Draft saved Draft deleted