Featured EVER HEARD OF ARTIST 'LS'? KEITH HARRINGTON STYLE STATUE OF SOCCER PLAYER MADE OF A R.R. SPIKE?

Discussion in 'Art' started by journeymagazine, Jan 16, 2019.

1. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

OK, I saw this at a local thrift store this morning & at first thought it was 1/2 a book ends, and then got excited when the thought it might be a Keith Harrington piece crossed my mind!

The only thing I can say is it has the initials LS & the year (I think) 94

Anyone know what I found - book end or cool statue?
    Thanks!

AA ART STATUE KEITH HARRINGTON SOCCER SPIKE PLAYER STATUE 1A_AA.JPG AA ART STATUE KEITH HARRINGTON SOCCER SPIKE PLAYER STATUE 1A_BA.JPG AA ART STATUE KEITH HARRINGTON SOCCER SPIKE PLAYER STATUE 1A_CA.JPG

2. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    They look like railroad spikes made into a figure. The RR initiaLs are LS year of manufacture is 94 from the looks of the spikes it is 1994. Very cool item. Would interest RR collectors and others. It is not a "Keith" piece even though resembles his iconic figures. I say book end.
    greg

antidiem, patd8643, komokwa and 5 others like this.
  3. journeymagazine

Thanks gregsglass - my thoughts too (but hope springs eternal it was early/unusual harrington piece!! lol)

4. scoutshouse

scoutshouse Well-Known Member

Do you mean Keith Haring?

Fun sculpture!

[​IMG]

5. journeymagazine

lol - yes that's who I meant! Looks like it, right?

antidiem, scoutshouse and i need help like this.
  6. gregsglass

Hi,
    When I lived in Manhattan in the 1970s I noticed that someone was drawing on the subway. It was always found on the black paper that was glued to the subway signs when they were going to post more signs. I loved the barking dogs that were common at the time. One evening I saw a wonderful dog and I tore it off and took it home. I trimmed it and framed it. It looked wonderful. A few years later Keith Haring suddenly became famous. I was thrilled I had an original!!!!!! Several months later I had a home invasion. My coin collection, a few pictures and several antiques were stolen as well as several pieces of jewelry. My Haring was GONE!!!!
    greg

7. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

Bummer, Greg :bored::(

i need help, komokwa and scoutshouse like this.
  8. scoutshouse

scoutshouse Well-Known Member

judy, i need help and komokwa like this.
  9. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

did you have a photo of it ??

judy and i need help like this.
  10. gregsglass

Hi,
    I had for years, lost it in the fire. 4 boxes were so smoke damaged they could not be saved.
    greg

judy likes this.
  11. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

:sorry::sorry::(

12. journeymagazine

Man that sucked! Sorry Greg.

judy likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted