experts authentication sites

Discussion in 'Art' started by winas, Nov 23, 2019.

1. winas

winas Member

Hello all,

I have some paintings and I wanna know if they are good or not!
    can you suggest me best sites of art experts alternative of "https://www.artexpertswebsite.com/"

2. rink28

rink28 Well-Known Member

Post them here!! A lot of knowledgeable people here can tell you what you have or if its worth taking to an expert. Hope to see what you have!

Any Jewelry, Christmasjoy and winas like this.
  3. winas

winas Member

thank you sir I will post them here.

Any Jewelry and Christmasjoy like this.
  4. MikeMerak

MikeMerak Member

This is a tough question. There are many so called "authentication" services out there but many if not most just look at taking money from the punter (english slang word for one that gambles). These services lead the customers on with things like looks good but now we need more money for research, after which comes looks good but I need more money because I have a lead in Moscow who has as a photo of the work on the artists easel or we need more money for forensic analysis etc.

Let's say that they confirm what you have is an authentic work by a particular artist, well Sotheby's and Christies will still not sell your work because it has to be in the catalogue raisonne. It is not easy and can be very expensive but there are good authentication services like Art Analysis & Research.

By the way I can tell you some real good stories about some of these so called authenticators!

winas, Bronwen and Christmasjoy like this.
  5. MikeMerak

MikeMerak Member

By the way I should have added that Art Analysis & Research are probably the best. They did the forensic work on Leonardo's "Salvator Mundi" which sold for something like $400,000,000. I think they just assisted in the discovery of Botticelli painting as well.

http://www.artanalysisresearch.com/#/authentication/

winas, Bronwen and Christmasjoy like this.
  6. blooey

blooey Well-Known Member

I only trust myself:jawdrop:

7. MikeMerak

MikeMerak Member

Me too!

Bronwen likes this.
  8. winas

winas Member

thank you.
    what do you advise me!!

9. Mark London

Mark London Well-Known Member

Which artists are you trying to research?

10. MikeMerak

MikeMerak Member

It does depend on the artist and quality of work. If say you are looking at a painting that may be an important artist and it looks well done and meets certain criteria it may well be worth investing in authentication services by the company I mentioned. But please be careful, contact as many experts as you can on that particular artist for opinions, many don't reply but some do. As Mark London asked above, who are you researching and can you post photos?

winas likes this.
  11. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

does a good painting mean , worth a lot of money ??

12. MikeMerak

MikeMerak Member

Absolutely not.

13. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

Thank you, now I'd like to hear what Winas has to say..

winas likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted