F.P. Inc ‘Il Caccia - Mole In Carnevale’ Print

Discussion in 'Art' started by J Dagger, Jan 27, 2020.

1. J Dagger

J Dagger Well-Known Member

62AB201A-A3F0-444B-A045-315BB83B68D7.jpeg 94CA1ECC-9D6A-40F8-9BB0-959C03D54342.jpeg BF12DB03-9CB8-48FC-9AA1-06212115D6A0.jpeg AC511200-09BB-4F56-B9A3-5C3B5914F108.jpeg Any thoughts on date of this print? Based on colors I assume it’s not original but I don’t know. I suppose it could be really faded. Couldn’t find mention of the framer which is Val Glare Studios on Linden Row in Richmond, VA. It does seem pretty old. F. Palizzi died in 1899 so it’s not out of the realm of possibility it was printed in his lifetime. Not sure what type of value it might have either way? The image is beautiful and disturbing at the same time. I imagine some dentist would enjoy owning it.

judy likes this.
  2. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

moreotherstuff, J Dagger and judy like this.
  3. all_fakes

all_fakes Well-Known Member

Pretty funny...I'm pretty sure what he's holding is the jawbone of an ass.

komokwa and J Dagger like this.
  4. J Dagger

the jawbone is connected to the .... ass bone.... that’s how the song went right?

5. J Dagger

Bumping this hoping someone might have insight into the age of FP Inc prints. Maybe a company started by the artist seeing as they share initials?

6. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

7. J Dagger

moreotherstuff likes this.
  8. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

if you'd have read the link I gave...

moreotherstuff and J Dagger like this.
  9. J Dagger

Yes I read the links you sent. Thanks again.

10. J Dagger

Ahhhh I see what I did. I did miss the source in the link you provided Fid. The link loaded weirdly on my phone and I thought it was all jumbo jumbo down that far. My bad there!!! You both are an immense help here! Now if someone with a good eye can make an educated guess on the paper age I would be cooking with fire. It looks like the book has been reprinted in high quality editions numerous times. There’s some nice editions from the 1950’s/60’s I just found.

11. J Dagger

Not well enough though! ;)

Fid likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted