Family Photograph of General Marshall w/Wife Have Any Value?

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by journeymagazine, Jun 26, 2018.

1. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

I found this photo of (I think) General Marshall with his wife at a local estate sale - does this photo have any value/collectibility?
    Thanks!
    AA EBAY NEW A ART PHOTOGRAPH GENERAL MARSHALL 1AA.jpg

NewEngland likes this.
  2. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

3. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

Thanks Any Jewelry! I will send them a email.
    I also got 5-6 old folding cameras with bellows? (including a big Graflex automatic that sold on ebay same day it posted to someone in Japan!) + a large leather album with 81 antique photos of Patis - some BIG, some reg size - some with a raised seal? in bottom corner & some with the photo's description that looks like they wrote it on the negative before developing it, while some have description written in pencil under photo in album
    Editing the photos today so I can post them - curious what the type/age are; especially ones with seal?

i need help and NewEngland like this.
  4. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

I already tagged them, they are also a member of Antiquers.:)

Last edited: Jun 26, 2018
    komokwa, i need help and NewEngland like this.
  5. The Marshall House

The Marshall House The home of General George C. Marshall

After combing through our archives, I was able to find a good bit of info on your photo.

The photo is of Mrs. Elizabeth Bradford Harbeson and General Marshall. It was taken outside Mrs. Harbeson’s home in Miami, Florida, in March 1943. The copy I found was in a folder labeled “family” that is part of our research files. I know that General Marshall’s mother’s maiden name was Bradford, so there must be some family connection but I'm not sure what it is.

Draft saved Draft deleted