Featured Fancy heart shaped wood box

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by wildrose, Jan 19, 2018.

1. wildrose

wildrose Well-Known Member

heartbox.jpg hearbox1.jpg heartbox2.jpg wasn't sure what forum to post this in... just in time for Valentines day, we found this beautiful large wood box, not sure the type of wood or how to describe the decor on the lid? Any help most appreciated! thank you!! heartbox.jpg hearbox1.jpg heartbox2.jpg

2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

looks like stained pine.....and very pretty !!
    Want to be my Valentine ??? ;):happy::happy:

3. wildrose

:kiss::happy:;):D

It is very pretty and big...9" by 10" 4 1/4" high. Hopefully someone will need this for Valentines Day!!

4. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Now, THAT'S REALLY NICE!!!! Nice carving on it too!!! Without a lining I'd have that filled with homemade Toffee!!!!!! Otherwise, a great place to put some jewelry that has no boxes!!!!!:):):):singing:

5. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Lovely box, nice patina on the wood.
    The shape of the heart is called a 'Witch's Heart', it is supposed to protect against witchcraft and evil spirits.

6. wildrose

Thanks AJ. that helps a lot!

Any Jewelry and KingofThings like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted