Featured FANTASTIC POTTERY RAM

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Natasha, Jan 22, 2018.

1. Natasha

Natasha Well-Known Member

Hello evereyone,

just want to show you my latest acquisition - fantastic pottery ram. It's a great addition to my collection of pottery. The piece is a sample of traditional Uklrainian ceramics from the village of Opishne, the most famous center of pottery and ceramics in Ukraine. I think I showed you one of my pieces before but could not help showing this one. It is pretty old, 1920s, handmade (all their pottery is handmade). It about 25 cm high (up to the top of horns) and 30 cm long. And look at technique used. It gives a kind of 3D thread effect. Can you imagine how long it took to create this effect, putting one pottery thread over another.....
    PB050478.JPG

2. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

And I am glad you did, it is beautiful.
    I always love your posts, you show us things from a culture that isn't widely known. You are a great ambassador for Ukraine.

3. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Fantastic piece,Id gladly make room for it (somehow!).

4. Natasha

Oh, thank you for the kind words Any Jewelry. I am glad you like my posts. Will keep trying to show you interesting things.

5. Natasha

I have a modern piece from Opishne for sale. Of course, it is not so interesting but, on the other hand, it is not so expensive. The photo is below. If you are interested we can discuss it.
    Ram.jpg

6. KingofThings

KingofThings 'Illiteracy is a terrible thing to waist' - MHH

I know of someone here who'd want that! :)

Any Jewelry and SBSVC like this.
  7. Natasha

You mean old one? No wonder, it's fantastic. I've been searching for it for a long time........

KingofThings likes this.
  8. KingofThings

KingofThings 'Illiteracy is a terrible thing to waist' - MHH

Yes, that's the one I commented on, I think. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted