Featured Fantastic retro dress find

Discussion in 'Textiles, Needle Arts, Clothing' started by ladymoonvtg, Sep 4, 2019.

1. ladymoonvtg

ladymoonvtg Sarah M

Went to brimfield today and scored this amazing retro dress for $17.50! I thought it would be too long for me, was a bit nervous it wouldn’t fit, but Wow! It fits like a dream and is the perfect length. I’m in love!
    Can anyone help me accurately date this piece/style/etc?

[​IMG]

2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

It looks lovely on you......you Rock it !!

3. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

4. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

You'll be the bell of the ball. It's probably closer to being what is now a size 8. Can't remember the last time I saw 'line dry' on a care label.

5. ladymoonvtg

ladymoonvtg Sarah M

Thanks so much! I seriously would wear this every day. But if it wasn’t for the 5 dogs here that would surely shed all over it :joyful: but I’ll definitely be looking for every reason to wear it.

6. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

The RN belongs to Cotton City Wash Frocks of New York. Wouldn't have been an expensive dress in its time but cute and certainly suits you. I'd call it a "maxi dress."

Debora

7. ladymoonvtg

ladymoonvtg Sarah M

Figured as much, thanks! I have the strangest feeling that I actually had an old doll with an outfit similar to this, no wonder I’m so attached!

8. ladymoonvtg

ladymoonvtg Sarah M

:happy: thank you bronwen. now that you mention it, it’s much more hang dry isn’t it?

9. ladymoonvtg

ladymoonvtg Sarah M

Wow thanks Debora! That’s so fun to know- I was having trouble finding the RN but I’m notoriously pretty bad with google :p
    I can see how it would have been a cute or popular dress back then. I love it tons!

10. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

11. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

If it's 70s, it's very early 70s, when it was really still the 60s, fashion-wise.

12. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

You look fantastic in it! And we wont even mention how we hate you for being skinny enough to wear it . :rolleyes:

13. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Agree. Pre-Disco.

Debora

14. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

I think I was that size back when I got married......and now am getting back down to there......but am a more shortened/condensed version....:joyful::joyful::joyful::joyful::joyful::smuggrin::smuggrin::D:D

15. sabre123

sabre123 Well-Known Member

"You look mahvelous, dahling."

16. Jivvy

Jivvy the research is my favorite

17. Christmasjoy

Christmasjoy Well-Known Member

I was that size back then .. you look GREAT in it !!! Lovely dress, nice buy :) ... Joy.

18. Vintage Maven

Vintage Maven Well-Known Member

Looks wonderful and great on you. It’s sorta Olivia Newton John 1971❤️

19. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

I agree, looks more 60s to me.

judy, Bronwen and Christmasjoy like this.
  20. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

I agree you carry that dress very well. I was too short to wear a maxi dress.:( I did it one time, Big Mistake, Huge mistake.. never again. I looked like I was standing in a hole.:p
    But I love to see the old fashions again.

judy, Bronwen, bluumz and 2 others like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted