Featured Fenton Art Glass Vase... With some oddities

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by LizardDan, Sep 3, 2017.

1. LizardDan

LizardDan Active Member

You know what? I've been clearing out this estate from a deceased, distant relative (they were going to throw away 20+ boxes of old glass until I said, "NO NO NO NO NO NO") and everything has been pretty straight forward. Carnival glass, The popular Hocking stuff like fire-king, and a LOT of Fenton.

But this ruffled 10"[​IMG] Fenton vase is KILLING me. I'm assuming it's pre 1973 because there is zero marking whatsoever, likely a washed off paper label. It's blue on the outside, pink on the inside, Fenton produced colors exactly like this, but I haven't [​IMG] been able to find them together in a similar way. The HANDLE and SHAPE are killing me though! I've spent hours researching this :(, any way I can have some assistance in determining worth? I'm estimating the $20-50 range on eBay. Greatly appreciated, photos attached!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

2. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Cant help,but I love those colors ! My knee jerk reaction was Italian . Are those hairline cracks around the lip ?

LizardDan, judy and Christmasjoy like this.
  3. Cherryhill

Cherryhill Well-Known Member

If that's a ground pontil (center of bottom) it probably is NOT Fenton. They'd developed a method of avoiding that.

4. LizardDan

LizardDan Active Member

Oh, no, I used my window lighting: six big windows with large wooden sills between all of them - so you're just seeing some of my living room in the reflection I think!

Hmmm, I've been seeing a lot of Fenton pieces w/ sticker and signed that featured a similar concave bottom. I'm not sure it's so much a ground pontil but a stylistic choice on the foot

judy, Christmasjoy and Ghopper1924 like this.
  5. George Nesmith

George Nesmith Well-Known Member

It doesn't say Fenton to me but possibly mainland Italy.

LizardDan, judy and Ghopper1924 like this.
  6. LizardDan

LizardDan Active Member

Definitely possibly, the relative has close heritage in Italy. Her husband was 100% Italian.

judy and yourturntoloveit like this.
  7. LizardDan

LizardDan Active Member

One of my reasons for saying fenton is because of pieces like this:
    [​IMG]

that are fenton with a VERY similar top.

judy, Christmasjoy and Ghopper1924 like this.
  8. Ghopper1924

Ghopper1924 Well-Known Member

Hmmm, looks green on the outside to me! :angelic: Anyway, I like it, but I'm kind of a "Fenton Sucker."

LizardDan likes this.
  9. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

definitely not Fenton... I'd call it an ewer rather than a vase.
    very pretty tho'...

LizardDan and judy like this.
  10. George Nesmith

George Nesmith Well-Known Member

Lots of that type of glass was imported from Italy 30-60 years ago.

LizardDan and judy like this.
  11. LizardDan

LizardDan Active Member

Maybe closer to 30? Seam goes all the way up and stops at the lip. Murano looks the to be the closest in style..

judy likes this.
  12. LizardDan

LizardDan Active Member

Great call on that, it is a ewer! Thank you :)

judy likes this.
  13. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

I can find only one piece made in that color combination.

Fenton Lilac Wave Crest. I can not find any other pieces made other than this pitcher. Made in 1956.
    upload_2017-9-3_21-50-37.png
    Fenton did make glass on order for other companies. So it is possible it was made by Fenton, but distributed under another company's name. I just have not been able to find anything else.

14. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

15. LizardDan

LizardDan Active Member

All I know is for sure is that the style and color combination is absolutely beautiful, thanks for all the replies, by the way! I'll let you guys know when I find out anything concrete. That one piece Clutteredcloset found is so, so, so similar

16. SBSVC

SBSVC Well-Known Member

cxgirl, LizardDan and johnnycb09 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted