Fenton Hobnail Lamp Shades, How to List?

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by birgittaw, Jun 18, 2014.

1. birgittaw

birgittaw Active Member

Chandelier frame came with lot of 3 large hobnail cranberry glass shades, still with Fenton stickers. The frame is boring, just a piece of hobnail white glass on the bottom and one of the breaks has a split in it, so taking it apart for the refurbisher, if any

I'm listing these shades, but do I want to do a lot of 3, three lots of 1 in separate listings ending 5 minutes apart, or how does the fixed price quantity of 3 work? I see the latter is an option. Thanks for any input you may have -- I always agonize about this!

010.JPG

2. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

I think I would try these in a BIN/BO listing at least the first time around. I found one that sold back towards the end of May that sold for $94.99 (they offered free shipping). That way if they have a single lamp or a pair they can get what they need.
    I also found a pair of brass lamps with these shades that sold for $350.00 back in the beginning of May.

Right now I am not listing auction style listings unless the low opening bid will still make me money or I have listed the item multiple times before & just want it gone. Then I am using the free auction/BIN listings that ebay keeps sending me.

On a side note, I have to laugh because when I signed up for my store I only went with the basic because I was in the midst of moving into the new house. I figured if I could get 150 items listed a month I would be ecstatic. My plan was to move up to the next level once I got moved in & a little more settled. Ever since ebay has sent me at least 1 mega listing offer every month so there is no need for me to up my level. So I'll just keep listing at the next level & paying for basic. :woot:

3. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

I had a store for awhile and was listing 400 items at a time. The halcyon days. Now I'm so busy in real life, I have no time for virtual life.

4. birgittaw

birgittaw Active Member

Thanks Peggy, I had seen that one, but there are others listed for less, so I compromised. Used a multi-quantity BIN, no BO for now.

Bev, I think it was MUCH faster to list in the old days -- too much to fill in with specifics, etc. etc. now. I don't know that I ever had more than 50-75 up at a time, mostly because I did shows at least two or three times a month and wasn't home and I thought that was a LOT!

5. pentiques

pentiques New Member

I would list one and in the description say you have two more. I had a similar thing last year, listed one said I have 4 more. Buyer wrote, if I buy one will you sell them all. It went well for me.

Draft saved Draft deleted