Featured Fenton? Viking? or Other?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Robert Simpson, Jun 20, 2019.

1. What do you guys think?
    The lady we purchased from, claimed fenton but, I wonder.
    Thanks in advance...
    20190620_071501-360x640.jpg 20190620_071526-360x640.jpg 20190620_072202-360x640.jpg

2. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

I am going to guess Viking but wait for the experts.

i need help, judy and Christmasjoy like this.
  3. Thanks pearlsnblume. We are new to collecting and still learning. It is already getting out of hand, even with our high standards.(blue, catches our eye, will not break the bank(neg.))

4. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

I love blue glass too, mostly delphite and chalaine. I am sure someone will be along to help you out. Good Luck.

5. UncleChuckTX

UncleChuckTX Well-Known Member

6. Thanks UncleChuckTX.
    A search of "L. E. Smith old dominion swung vase" does turn up some examples.
    I read something recently about how Smith would carry his molds to various glass companies to make runs of certain pieces. There was some debate about whether to call them L. E. Smith by(insert company name).

7. alex webb

alex webb Well-Known Member

good lord i hope you don't have earthquakes there...

i need help likes this.
  8. An earthquake or a couple of rowdy kids would be devastating. Too much allready. We're doing artistic stacking now..Glass jinga....

i need help and pearlsnblume like this.
  9. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

I found this vase in my LE Smith book I believe it's their #648 vase which was a swung version of their #643 compote. As UncleChuckTX has already stated, the pattern name is Dominion.
    Don

10. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

I think there must be some confusion with L.G. Wright rather than Smith; as Smith made their own glass, whereas Wright would contract with various factories to make their glass.

there is a detailed write-up of this pattern at chataboutdg:
    https://chataboutdg.com/gallery/details.php?image_id=20224&mode=search

UncleChuckTX likes this.
  11. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

That makes more sense. LG Wright by Fenton is often listed as such. I'm not it matters much for any other companies that made glass for LG Wright though.
    Don

12. Thank you very much everyone. I have been away today making my rounds on the zero turn mower. It likely was Wright that I was reading about. I don't know why I can't get all of this straight in my mind since there were only a few companies and they made only a few patterns each. LOL.
    It is mind boggling but my wife and I are having a ball, hunting and learning.
    Thanks Again.....

Draft saved Draft deleted