Featured Figured 1944 kind of classified as antique!!! Great Images!

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Aquitaine, Sep 16, 2019.

1. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

A friend sent me this in an email back in 2015....I keep trying to delete old emails, but find there are some I just CAN'T.....they just evoke too much.....what? emotion?? These are great!! Follow the link and directions ....it's safe....have been there often....you may have seen them before, but not by me.....I don't think!!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

"A terrific set of photos. 1944 then 2014!!!

This is one of the most fascinating forwards I've ever received... I kept going back and forth on each picture and was totally mesmerized! Now this is an incredible use of technology. Like traveling back in time!

Directions: Just click on the photo anywhere and it will become 2014. Click again and it will go back to 1944; or you can left click and hold on each photo, and then drag your mouse gently from left to right on the original photograph and it will be become a photo of the exact same location and view in 2014. Drag it back to the left and you are back in 1944! Or just click on the little circle in the middle! You can go back and forth!

Scroll down for more of the same."

http://interactive.guim.co.uk/embed/2014/apr/image-opacity-slider-master/index.html?ww2-dday

2. silverthwait

silverthwait Well-Known Member

3. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

thank-you for sharing this Aquitaine
    love them, thank-you for sharing this Aquitaine:)

4. sabre123

sabre123 Well-Known Member

Awesome that someone/some people actually took the time to put this together, from the photography to the tech.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2019
  5. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

AND that's why I have SO MUCH trouble deleting something like that!!!! It's just so NICE!!!!!:happy::happy::happy::happy:

sabre123, Christmasjoy and Michael77 like this.
  6. Christmasjoy

Christmasjoy Well-Known Member

LOVED IT !!! ... I was 2yrs old when those first pics were taken, I've never seen any thing like this .. wonderful !!!
    Joy. :)

sabre123 and Michael77 like this.
  7. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

8. Michael77

Michael77 Well-Known Member

That was great thank you for posting this!

sabre123 and Christmasjoy like this.
  9. lvetterli

lvetterli Well-Known Member

My kids and I were in France last fall and saw several of these places. I've sent the link to both of them. Thanks for sharing this Aquitaine!

Linda

Draft saved Draft deleted