Figurine Table Lamp Mystery Marking-Calling All Sherlock Holmes

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Brian Purcell, Feb 15, 2018.

1. Brian Purcell

Brian Purcell New Member

Unk Lamp 2 small.jpg Unk Lamp 5 small.jpg Unk Lamp 4 smaller.jpg Thanks for looking. This is a table lamp I inherited from my Grandmother. She always told me it was a "fine" lamp from Europe. It has one marking on the bottom that I have not been able to identify. I think the lamp is Italian but I'm not 100%. I have searched the internet for a like marking to try to identify the maker but have had no luck. If anyone has any ideas or can solve this mystery it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks !!

judy and KingofThings like this.
  2. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Is the shade original, do you think? And, if so, what does it look like?

Debra

KingofThings likes this.
  3. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

Hi Brian! I see two different types of markings. I see impressed marks and I see blue markings. Are there additional impressed marks?

I haven't looked yet for the blue marking but my first reaction was that it's directions on where to place the cord. I could very well be wrong on that though and will look around.

judy and KingofThings like this.
  4. Brian Purcell

Brian Purcell New Member

Thanks for looking. I have no idea about the shade. I did not think about that as having a clue for this mystery. I will take and post more pictures tonight. It's very possible that it is original to the lamp.

5. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

Welcome to the boards.

Beautiful lamp.
    My first impression was German.

Would you be kind enough to take a closer picture of her and the child's face, please.

Also SIS do you think this could be an upside down mark?
    Brian, if what I circled are the marks SIS saw, rub some cinnamon into them to see if they stand out. If they are numbers, probably mold numbers.

upload_2018-2-15_8-14-23.png

KingofThings likes this.
  6. Brian Purcell

Brian Purcell New Member

I'll check on the shade and try to bring out all the marks on the bottom. Thanks to everyone that commented. Here is another pic.

Attached Files:

7. KingofThings

KingofThings 'Illiteracy is a terrible thing to waist' - MHH

Welcome!

8. JB Miller

JB Miller Well-Known Member

Königliche Porzellan-Manufaktur, Berlin. It looks like their 1945-1962 mark.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
  9. aaroncab

aaroncab in veritate victoria

Nice lamp! Agree with JB on the mark.

judy and yourturntoloveit like this.
  10. Brian Purcell

Brian Purcell New Member

I agree as well. Excellent work. Thanks everybody !!

komokwa likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted