Featured Figurines.

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Verity, Aug 9, 2017.

1. Verity

Verity New Member

Hi all,
    My father is selling up and recently gave me a box of old figurines which i recieved about 20+ years ago. Ive been trying to research but i reall have no idea.
    Theres USSR, AVON WARE, FOREIGN, SYLVAC and WADE. Does anyone have any information please.

2. Mansons2005

Mansons2005 Nasty by Nature, Curmudgeon by Choice

Photos full on and of the bottoms with any markings will be necessary. Someone will be along to explain how to post photos if you are having difficulty!

Christmasjoy, Ghopper1924 and Verity like this.
  3. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Verity, Christmasjoy and Ghopper1924 like this.
  4. Ghopper1924

Ghopper1924 Well-Known Member

Looking forward to seeing your figurines.

Verity and Christmasjoy like this.
  5. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

I had one Sylva C figurine that I sold awhile back. I had never heard of that maker before but it had a label on it (thank goodness) when I found it at a sale. It was some sort of farm animal as I recall.
    There are some on ebay you might want to check out.

Looking forward to seeing your pictures too.

Verity, judy and Christmasjoy like this.
  6. Verity

Verity New Member

Finally. These are the figurines. Anyone have any info?
    Thanks

Attached Files:

Any Jewelry likes this.
  7. Any Jewelry

Congratulations, that's the most important step. But could you go back to edit, and click on full image?
    And we like to see detailed pictures, also of the marks. Right now all we can see is that they are pretty, but that isn't what you want to know.:)

Verity likes this.
  8. tie.dye.cat

tie.dye.cat Well-Known Member

Here are the pictures, full image and cropped.

Click on the second full size image to see the marks a little more up close.

15023881460181865732149.jpg 15023883744371411594723.jpg

Verity, pearlsnblume and Any Jewelry like this.
  9. Verity

Verity New Member

Thank you very much. I am useless haha

tie.dye.cat likes this.
  10. Any Jewelry

They are really nice.
    @Natasha will probably be able to tell you something about the USSR ones.

Verity likes this.
  11. Bdigger

Bdigger Well-Known Member

Wade is an English company. Made lines of small figurines for red rose tea (Called Whimsies). The nursery rhyme characters are most popular. They also made them for inside Christmas crackers, and usually have a theme (Sealife, Nursery Rhymes etc,,,,) Almost all will be marked WADE England. Either molded into the lower edge of the figurine or on the bottom with a stamped mark. Besides Red Rose Tea items they made a whole line of larger items too. Easy to research thru eBay completed auctions. Some of the older figurines and Characters are very sought after and can bring good money. Larger series of figurines are called Whoppas.

12. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

Ghopper1924 and Verity like this.
  13. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

The ones marked Avon or Foreign are probably not worth the effort. The squirrel(?) with the chipped ear is probably not worth the effort. The Lomonosov pieces are probably from the '70s or earlier (could be a bit later). It's good that they are marked USSR; I believe the modern ones are marked Russia. Wade and Sylvac (Sylvac especially) used to be saleable, I don't know the current status.

The little, brown, standing dog looks like a Corgi to me.

Verity and Ghopper1924 like this.
  14. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Welcome Verity! Are you looking to sell? If so I would group the Russian and Foreign critters together and sell as one lot. Same with the Sylvac and Avon. I don't think I see any Wade. JMHO
    Don

Verity likes this.
  15. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

Welcome to our forum!!!! :happy::happy::happy::happy:

If you list the rabbit & the dog next to the tiger, please let me know. Thanks!! :):)

Verity and pearlsnblume like this.
  16. Natasha

Natasha Well-Known Member

Hello Verity,

That's correct, the figurines are made by Lomonosov porcelain factory, better known as LFZ among collectors. The mark was used between 1970-1991, so they can be attributed to this period.
    LFZ is popular among collectors because of its propaganda figurines. Most of them are expensive. Common animal figurines, like you have, of 1970-1991 usually do not exceed the price of $30-35
    By the way, I checked the link https://www.lomonosov-russia.com/figurines.
    The prices are unacceptible and do not correspons real prices. All figurines on page one are new and the price of $6445 for the ballet dancer(which is new) is ridiculous. Such prices can be applied for the porcelain of the XVIII century, not new one.
    I have a few popular LFZ figurines from 1950s. The price is between $70-130. The most expensive, unique ones from 1930s reach $5000.
    Unfortunately, I cannot show you the pictures as I still cannot load them.

17. Houseful

Houseful Well-Known Member

You can use the Sylvac numbers on the base of the Bunny figure to see how much people are asking/selling for this version. Sylvac often had two or three different sizes of the same figurine.

Verity and pearlsnblume like this.
  18. Verity

Verity New Member

15024688437261551874623.jpg

19. Verity

Verity New Member

Thank you all so much for your information. Very helpful x

20. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Both Wades from the 1970's. Not much value I'm afraid - maybe $5 on a lucky day. If those are ear chips I would toss them unless you want them for sentimental value.
    Don

Draft saved Draft deleted