File is too large to upload pic?

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by Onlygirlof4, Mar 28, 2018.

1. Onlygirlof4

Onlygirlof4 New Member

I've been trying to upload pictures of an antique table I'd like information about, but I keep getting "file too large" errors. I'm taking the pictures using my phone. Has anyone run across this problem and been able to change settings to a smaller file? I've been dying to find someone to be able to identify this table. Thanks so much for any help you can give me!

Joshua Brown likes this.
  2. judy

judy Well-Known Member

Welcome to Antiquers Onlygirlof4!

If you can't edit your photos on your phone, email them to yourself and edit them on your pc.

That's what I do.

Someone may have a better solution tho.

pearlsnblume and Joshua Brown like this.
  3. springfld.arsenal

springfld.arsenal Store: http://www.springfieldarsenal.net/

Wnen the picture is showing use the share button, select email, and email selected photos to your own email. When you open the received email, press on one photo and select “save image” from the menu that pops up. That image is much lower density and the forum will accept it.

Aquitaine, judy and Joshua Brown like this.
  4. Onlygirlof4

Onlygirlof4 New Member

Thank you! I'll try that instead of just uploading directly from my phone. Fingers crossed...

judy and Joshua Brown like this.
  5. Dennis Tjaden

Dennis Tjaden Old ball coach......

I've had the same problem. If you have a photo and there is a lot of external "stuff" surrounding the object you want to send in you can crop the picture which will shrink the size of the file.

You can open and view the photo and take take a screen shot of it. This makes a smaller size file of the object so you can send it here. If you have a mac you can push the command/shift/4 at the same time; then you can click and drag what you want to take a shot of. Command/shift/3 shoots the whole screen. I'm not sure using Windows. I know there is a screen shot program that does the same type of thing but I'm not sure of the name.......If you are using a phone google how to shrink photo file size............

6. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

7. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Spring!!!!!!!! You're BRILLIANT!!!!! WHO KNEW!!!!!:smug::smug::smuggrin::smuggrin::D:D:D

8. Wodawolly

Wodawolly Member

Can't help with the object but can help with the file size.
    Firstly I'd go into your phone camera setup and look for resolution, alter that down and it should reduce the file size...BUT if you're ever thinking of having some photos printed, you should probably leave it alone or be prepared to change it as the situation demands
    Second way of doing it is to download the photo to your computer. From there, using appropriate software such as a graphics editor (sometime freely downloaded from the net) reduce the size of the photo. Then send it. Personally, I use Graphic Workshop from Alchemy Mindworks. Not free but a real handy program.

judy and komokwa like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted