Featured Films from my collection, 1900-1980 mostly amateur

Discussion in 'Ephemera and Photographs' started by Requiem, Jul 12, 2020.

1. Requiem

Requiem Well-Known Member

I have been working with FILMKAPITAAL for a while to digitize my growing collection of film. I have already shown many bits and pieces on this forum.

I thought it would be better to form a central thread about this, because I don't want to spam this forum.

This collection contains films from 1900 to 1980, mostly amateur material.

From things like typical vacation snaps to picking up a Mercury space capsule, a family building their home in East Berlin and 9.5mm shots of Nazi officers.

Now I have thought a long time about what presentation format would suit this. I myself am not a fan of watermarks on old film images, but FILM CAPITAL wants it.

I have had these images from a trip to South America for a while. Not the most beautiful or special images, but quite old. Also recorded with a curious aspect ratio at 16mm.

Good to see what works nicely for you guys or not ... let me know!

2. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Fun,and I love the music ! Where exactly is that ? I thought Buenos Aries ?

3. Requiem

Greetings,

I have found yet an other gem of amateur film recording, and could not resist acquiring the lot.

This collection consists of 50 minutes of original B/W 16mm footage, 1 large spool and two smaller reels.

It is likely the father or other member of the family took these films to catalogue the construction of their home that they are building. It begins with cleaning and laying the very foundation of the house and ends at the last stage, such as placing bathroom furniture. They appear to haver been taken late 1930 early 1940s. There are bright sunny scenes but also scenes with snow.

I have found the location of the house, and it is still there on Google maps, exactly as seen in the later stages of the film. I also got a numberplate for the car seen in a lot of shots.

My plans with this collection are the following:
    1. Get in contact with the current residents of the home and show them this film.
    2. Get in contact with descendants and family of the people seen in the recording and show them the collection.
    3. Publish the entire collection on YouTube in FullHD from a 4K scan, if the descendants are alright with this.

Unfortunately I do not live in Germany, let alone Berlin. And my schedule is already rather full.

So I would like to ask if there are any websites or places in Germany/Berlin that could help me out.

And if anybody here has the time to maybe get into contact with the current residents of the home, ask what other families lived there.

I think it would be amazing if we could reunite these films with descendants and eventually publish these recordings online. Any help will be really appreciated. More info will be shared in PM.

Frames from DSLR video of projected film, not final digitisation:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Requiem

Draft saved Draft deleted