Featured Finds Thread

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by verybrad, May 25, 2014.

1. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

bear you found some wonderful items! Love the crumb set!
    Wow Lucille, you scored with your Baccarat!
    I picked up this sweet little breakfast set by Royal Winton in the Hazel pattern - no chips, stains or breaks and it is complete. What a wonderful way to start your day having tea and toast served on this set! Also picked up this Tarok card case with a complete set of cards and this little dresser bottle with original stopper.
    DSC02894.jpg DSC02895.jpg DSC02976.jpg DSC02977.jpg DSC02981.jpg

2. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

Cx, gorgeous items! Yes, I was thrilled with the Baccarat.

Moreotherstuff-thanks! The set in your link has the 1914 mark, too. This is the set for sure.

(Jeez, I'd be thrilled to get a fraction of that. I realize I just have a single from a set, but probably worth listing. I appreciate the link.)

cxgirl likes this.
  3. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

Yes, your bookend is pretty nice - I buy singles if I like them so I'm sure other people do too.

yourturntoloveit likes this.
  4. mymysharona43

mymysharona43 Well-Known Member

Perdy breakfast set! Yep nice way to start the day, I like the cards too
    I bought a project today...why why why? I don't know. It's a vintage game table, but the top has been refinished...I bought it without seeing the top....10.00 I need another project like a hole in the head

cxgirl likes this.
  5. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi CX,
    Wonderful finds. The breakfast set is gorgeous. I wonder where the Tarok cards are from? They look French but??? The cologne bottle is cute.
    greg

cxgirl likes this.
  6. leWiste

leWiste Member

Great item Cx!
    Wow, tarot cards are really beautiful, this model is not easy to find. Looks like Industrie und Glück model, the pattern adopted in central Europe with variations from State to State and it's only 54 cards.

Tauriel and cxgirl like this.
  7. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Nice breakfast set. A few years back, those used to fetch well over the hundred dollar mark here, but they've gone off a bit. I've a pretty plain green one with rose pink flower handles. Love it.

cxgirl likes this.
  8. 42Skeezix

42Skeezix Moderator Moderator

Tell ya what Bear. Here in south Jersey I wouldn't take a dime less than 150 and probably try for more on the breakfast set. I think we colonials always were just a little more bonkers over the Chintz stuff though. Was a time 350-400 woulda been easy schmeesy for this set here in the mid Atlantic region...in the '90s.

9. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

101_0046.JPG
    Went to an estate sale this morning here in town and ...glorp. Big, gaudy, and in good shape. I'm fairly sure it's D&E or a clone. I saw those big watermelon rhinestones and elongated "navettes" and couldn't get it off the table fast enough. Price: $10 for the set.

cxgirl likes this.
  10. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Don, it's also rarity, you've got less Brit stuff there than we have here. ;)

Like the bling!

11. Lucille.b

Evelyb, I'm sure you couldn't get over there fast enough! $10, a deal! Are the watermelon rhinestones and larger stones with kind of an open oval or round setting, fully open in the back? I'm thinking Schreiner, if not D&E.

I just ID'd a set I found last month, mine coming up as Schreiner. Check out the earring backs on mine, are yours similar by any chance? Nice find!

schr1.jpg schr5.jpg schr2.jpg

cxgirl likes this.
  12. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

101_0047.JPG
    It's not the same back, but at this point nothing would surprise me. Those puddles and globs on the back are almost diagnostic for D&E the way I learned it.

13. FunkeysFinds

FunkeysFinds Well-Known Member

Beautiful jewels all. And bear and cxgirl your treasures are fantastic! Also - all that crystal - I've not yet found any B, but someday. :shame: Wishing everyone a great weekend of pickin'!

14. Lucille.b

Does look like D&E from the back. Finger's crossed!

15. tie.dye.cat

tie.dye.cat Well-Known Member

Just wanted to post that this topped out this evening at $125 and buyer paid immediately, so if you ever see any of these googly eyed guys, be sure to snap them up!

Nice to actually have someone bid on an auction! So tired of them ending with no activity whatsoever. :)

16. tie.dye.cat

tie.dye.cat Well-Known Member

Gorgeous! And $10! :jawdrop:

17. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

Great sale on your bracelet tie.dye.cat!
    The tarok cards are by Ferd. Piatnik and Sohne - there is one complete set and the other side contained 2 partial sets - hope to do some research and get them listed this weekend.
    evelyn when I first saw your earrings they made me think of a pair (Sherman) I had a few months ago but when I dug out the photo they are not the same. Yours are very pretty, they should sell well.
    DSC09659.jpg

gregsglass likes this.
  18. Jerry D Carr

Jerry D Carr Member

Patented 1868. $5 don't know anything about it except it's a fluid burner WP_20150328_001.jpg

Last edited: Mar 28, 2015
    mymysharona43 likes this.
  19. janettekay

janettekay Well-Known Member

All these wonderful finds .....I am jealous...have not been estate/garage sales shopping in months and months......:(

20. mymysharona43

mymysharona43 Well-Known Member

jealous of the jewels! scores...
    neat little can looks like a deal for 5!
    here is my 10 dollar project/decorative vintage game table
    pretty abused
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted