Featured Finds

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by Gncaaron, Feb 15, 2019.

1. Gncaaron

Gncaaron Active Member

2EB63BCF-A313-4EC3-98B9-AE9F8EABA864.png C2C1A259-D6E7-47AE-B3BF-EEF8D1373F3F.png F2EEAACB-36AC-4EA1-9EA5-3BB415594EA1.png B1869A34-D043-4D3A-B5F2-D527A27BDDD1.png Some new finds for the week!
    The slipper chair and gothic side table were traded for this French book case. I had $850 invested into both of them, in DFW Texas and the antique market here is relatively hot. Have massive malls and I see some stuff sell for an arm and leg here. Would you feel this is an even trade?

Also, found this beautiful barley twist server on Craigslist for $250.00 and couldn’t help but grab it. May consider trading and may consider keeping. Has a white marble top, opinions? Keep or trade? Potential selling value? The auction tag was in the drawer and was last sold at $2,295.00 but I know those numbers aren’t relative right now for brown furniture.

Ghopper1924, Houseful, judy and 2 others like this.
  2. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

The table is fabulous. The other things too.

3. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

All beautiful quality, Gnc. That Gothic Revival sidetable is my favourite.
    I have no idea what the market is like in your area, so I couldn't say.

4. Christmasjoy

Christmasjoy Well-Known Member

VERY NICE INDEED !!! ... Joy.

Ghopper1924, Houseful and judy like this.
  5. Jeff Drum

Jeff Drum Well-Known Member

I don’t see a bookcase?

Christmasjoy and Ghopper1924 like this.
  6. Gncaaron

Gncaaron Active Member

The gothic revival side table was traded for the book case.

The book case is the tall furniture piece. It was missing the shelves. Next to the gothic revival chair with blue upholstery.

7. ALittleBit

ALittleBit ALittleBit

Seems a fair trade. As long as you are happy. The slipper chair and little side table are lovely. The other pieces are a bit overwhelming for me.

8. Ghopper1924

Ghopper1924 Well-Known Member

A decent trade.

Dang, that's some pretty stuff!!

Christmasjoy likes this.
  9. Gncaaron

Gncaaron Active Member

Thank you!
    There was multiple people in my family upset about the slipper chair going lol. Was a good chair but I own way too many chairs to begin with and need to fill out space

10. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Think you made a fair trade. The server for $250.00 was a good buy. Don't think it is worth a whole lot more these days but maybe so in your market. Could see this going for double or more what you paid in the right market. I would be lucky to get $300.00 in my market. We would probably start out for more but end up having to discount it to sell.

11. Gncaaron

Gncaaron Active Member

It’s sad, but I guess being 24 years old as a young collector, this stuff may eventually turn around in value or I’ll just sit on it until I’m tired of looking at it lol. I still see some pretty insane prices on this stuff but in dfw prices are high. We can usually drive out to a small part of Texas and find MUCH better prices.

12. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Think where I am in the heart of the corn belt may be where more formal Victorian furniture is valued the least. We don't see tons of it but, when we do, no one wants it.

Ghopper1924 and Christmasjoy like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted