Featured "Fired On" or Satin Green Glass Dishes with Parrots

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by ascot, Mar 17, 2015.

1. ascot

ascot Well-Known Member

Does anyone know who made these--and what they're used for?

I was thinking they're "fired on" green but looking at them more closely, it doesn't appear that the "on" will scrape "off", so they just may be satin glass? They're glossy on the inside and matte on the outside. The parrot is done from the reverse--looks like it was outlined and then hand painted.

The larger dish is 3 3/8" diameter, 1 1/8" at the rim. The smaller is 3 1/8 diameter, 1" at the rim.

I thought they might be US Glass Jungle, but I can't find any examples where the parrot isn't sitting on a swing.

So, does anyone know whodunnit and what are they? I guess they could be trinket dishes or lids to ginger jars or ???

Any help appreciated!

Janice[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

Sorry I can't help - I thought they would be US Glass too - will look around and if see if I can find anything.

3. George Nesmith

George Nesmith Well-Known Member

The Jungle line was advertised as Tiffin. I know same company but separated for selling/status purposes.

cxgirl likes this.
  4. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    Did Jefferson glass do a jungle set also?
    greg

Draft saved Draft deleted