Featured Fish Feet Container

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by CHSH, Sep 15, 2019.

1. CHSH

CHSH Active Member

0915191438.jpg 0915191437~2.jpg 0915191436~2.jpg Found this rusty container. Cleaned up best I could. Put a tealight in it. Pretty neat. Want to sell stuff but have no idea how to describe. Made of stainless steel. Fish feet? Appreciate giving it a name? Besides rusty container.

judy, Ghopper1924 and Christmasjoy like this.
  2. Sandra

Sandra Well-Known Member

Welcome CHSH, help us help you.
    I can't get a concept of the whole item. Is there a lid at the top of the cylinder? Does the green part feel like plastic or stone? How tall is it and what is the diameter? I think the fish feet would be described as dolphin feet.

judy, Ghopper1924 and Christmasjoy like this.
  3. wiscbirddog

wiscbirddog Well-Known Member

Are you sure it is stainless steel. You make it sound like it was very rusty. . .not something stainless steel should do to a great degree.

judy and Christmasjoy like this.
  4. CHSH

CHSH Active Member

Very rusty. Rusty metal. 10H by 3W. Two piece. Lid comes off. Feels like marble but glued in.

judy and Christmasjoy like this.
  5. Sandra

Sandra Well-Known Member

It looks like it may have been part of a brass filigree dresser set, possibly held a cologne bottle that's been misplaced or broken over time. These sets were widely available in the 1950s-70s.

judy, SBSVC and Christmasjoy like this.
  6. CHSH

CHSH Active Member

0915191510.jpg 0915191511.jpg 0915191510.jpg
    Has 3 dolphin feet.

Aquitaine and Christmasjoy like this.
  7. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

Your original title was attractive in itself. I had to see a container full of fish feet! :D:D:D:D:D

KSW, judy, komokwa and 2 others like this.
  8. CHSH

CHSH Active Member

I know. I realized that after I went public. I was laughing at myself so much it was too late to change it. I need a hug. Lol. Old. Half-blind stroke gal. The photos are as clear as I see. Trying to do better.

judy, komokwa and Sandra like this.
  9. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

Hugs. Hugs. and more Hugs. I thought it was very funny and a natural thing to do. You will find titles around here are often a stream of consciousness. I have created a few myself. No worries. Do they best you can do. People are very nice around here.

judy, komokwa and Sandra like this.
  10. silverthwait

silverthwait Well-Known Member

We Are nice, and we Do laugh, and Fish Feet delights me no end!

11. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

You don't give size but the canisters of these 1960s vanity sets typically held a hair spray can.

Debora

Unknown.jpg

12. CHSH

CHSH Active Member

Wow. Neat find.

KikoBlueEyes and Ghopper1924 like this.
  13. CHSH

CHSH Active Member

Approx. 11 L x 3 W - Aqua net.

Jivvy and KikoBlueEyes like this.
  14. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Attached Files:

Jivvy, Aquitaine and CHSH like this.
  15. CHSH

CHSH Active Member

I haven't found the 3 dolphins. When did they add fish feet. Also known as coi fish - dolphins. Lol.

KikoBlueEyes and judy like this.
  16. Shangas

Shangas Underage Antiques Collector and Historian

I'm willing to bet that a lot of people are here only to see an actual container full of fish-feet.

aaroncab, Jivvy, silverthwait and 3 others like this.
  17. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

HAHAHAHAHA......and LOVED THE Stooges video!!!!!

18. aaroncab

aaroncab in veritate victoria

I too want to see some fish feet, and for some reason this thread made me think about this song that I first saw on the old Dr Demento show.

KikoBlueEyes likes this.
  19. CHSH

CHSH Active Member

Can you imagine. USA Antique public forum. Member requests assistance with Fish feet container. Post goes viral. Readers digest. Trophy award winner. Fox national news - media. Aqua Net sells out. Makes a come back. Pay per click proceeds go to antique forum owners. Moderators and active members. Hugs.

Sandra and Bakersgma like this.
  20. lvetterli

lvetterli Well-Known Member

Oh, my! It's been many moons since I thought of Fish Heads! This has indeed become a strange and intriguing thread!

Linda

KikoBlueEyes, Sandra and CHSH like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted