Footed Cup & Saucer Set E-5227 by INARCO++++\

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by rknarr2, Apr 28, 2021.

1. rknarr2

rknarr2 Well-Known Member

I have a Footed Cup and Saucer Set E-5228 by INARCO made in Japan. The cup dimensions are about 3 3/4" top dia. x 2" bottom dia. x 2 1/2" tall and saucer dimensions are around 5 1/2" top dia. x 3 1/4" dia. that the bottom of the saucer sits on x 3/4" tall.
    I found on replacement.com the same patterns on their Footed Cup & Saucer Set E-5227 by INARCO except that the Description: Cream Band, Gold Accent & Trim
    I was wondering what color band would you describe the one that I have pictured and is this a tea cup or a coffee cup? Also, does the words Demitasse cup appropriate to describe my cup? I saw that word used to describe other anarco cups on ebay.
    I apologize for the ending on the title. My cat, Jojo, decided to walk across my key board and typed the slash and addition marks on the title as well as posted this before I was ready. Thank you for the assistance in this request. Rob
    IMG_7569smaller.JPG IMG_7576smaller.JPG

Last edited: Apr 28, 2021
  2. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

I can't speak as to the color, but, and I will be corrected if I'm wrong, I would describe your cup as a tea cup, but I'm also saying that without knowing it's size....IF I'm correct, a demitasse cup (or espresso cup) will hold just about 1/2 of a coffee cup, or 4 oz. Clever Cat just wanted to get his 2 Cents worth in!!!!:cat: Hang on, I'm sure others will chime in!!!

pearlsnblume, judy and rknarr2 like this.
  3. rknarr2

rknarr2 Well-Known Member

ok, I added the measurements of the cup as well as the saucer. You should have seen the clever cat when the new self contained automatic cat litter box was raking through the cat liter. The cat was on its hind legs like a prairie dog watching the rake go up and back and inquisitive to investigating it, too
    . Haha. Rob

Last edited: Apr 29, 2021
  4. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!! OH, THAT SOUNDS HYSTERICAL!!!!! SMILEY2 small.jpg (And that sounds like a pretty normal sized teacup!!)

rknarr2 and pearlsnblume like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted