Fostoria pattern and bowl's use help, please?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by gauntlettgems, Feb 18, 2020.

1. gauntlettgems

gauntlettgems Well-Known Member

8188C791-573E-4BD6-A847-3A1392C71B57_1_201_a.jpeg 04F2B07E-0A02-47D7-9847-30F65364F433_1_201_a.jpeg 9C046404-3FC6-4250-9AE9-720E2ED52A6B_1_201_a.jpeg E70C7414-C3D3-4C3E-BD63-71ABA6577B37_1_201_a.jpeg

Hello everyone,

I found the pattern on one item that said it was Fostoria, which was my guess, but it was sold and no other info was available. Do you recognize the pattern? Secondly, What is this bowl's intended use? 3" tall x 5" wide

I cannot find the exact shape. Grrrr.....

ty for any help!

Christmasjoy and TallCakes like this.
  2. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

It's a lovely bowl....maybe just a special serving bowl?? Nice size!! I'm not good with patterns, sorry......:(

Christmasjoy and gauntlettgems like this.
  3. gauntlettgems

I have so much to learn about glassware A long journey but it is fun!

4. flipper

flipper Striving to face adversity with tact and humor

5. yourturntoloveit

yourturntoloveit Well-Known Member

Perhaps(?) it is an "individual" sauce or salad-dressing bowl to be placed at each dinner plate or each salad bowl/salad plate. ;)

6. gauntlettgems

@yourturntoloveit That is a thought! @flipper I would have never thought this could have a lid!! I was thinking nut dish but most examples are not as tall then I saw mayo dishes but they seem to be more refined and not as thick as this

Christmasjoy likes this.
  7. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

Cherryhill, judy, bluumz and 7 others like this.
  8. gauntlettgems

Ahhhh.. ty I see this and always think Fostoria No wonder I could only find the one listing

@TallCakes ty! You know soooo much

Christmasjoy and TallCakes like this.
  9. necollectors

necollectors Well-Known Member

TallCakes is always amazing!

Draft saved Draft deleted