Featured Found 3 Amado Maurilio Pena prints; 2 w/COA's - Help w/Title & edition of 3rd?

Discussion in 'Art' started by journeymagazine, May 4, 2022.

1. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

A guy called me about a estate sale ad I had listed that I titled Art & Wow Sale - 300+ Paintings, Posters & Lithos in Craigslist & FB Marketplace, asking me if I wanted to buy some art - and I ended up buying 3 Amado Maurilio Pena prints + a Amano Kunhiro woodblock print.
    2 of the Pena prints have a COA on the back with the title, but the 3rd does not - and I can not read this man's writing!!
    Can anyone tell me the title of this piece - and also the edition is something I haven't seen before; I can tell it's #26 of an edition of 65, but what does it say/mean next to the numbers?
    Thanks for any help with this!

PS - I asked for help with the Kunhiro woodblock print but never showed the Pena prints - so I added a photo of the other 2 Amado Maurilio Pena prints I got in the deal at the bottom; hope you like them!
    PSS - I didn't recognize the name Amado Maurilio Pena when he told me but I did recognize his work/subjects when I finally saw the pieces!

ART PRINT AMADO MAURILIO PENA UNTITLED 1AA.JPG ART PRINT AMADO MAURILIO PENA UNTITLED 2AA.JPG ART PRINT AMADO MAURILIO PENA UNTITLED 3AA.JPG ART PRINT AMADO MAURILIO PENA UNTITLED 4AAA.JPG ART PRINT AMADO MAURILIO PENA UNTITLED 5AA.JPG

Here Are The Other 2 Pena Prints - The Embossed(?) Paper on The Bottom Of The 2nd One is Beautiful!

ART PRINT AMADO MAURILIO PENA JR  ELLA 1AA.JPG

ART PRINT AMADO MAURILIO PENA JR  ELLA 2AA_A.JPG
    ART PRINT AMADO MAURILIO PENA JR  CINCO DE ACOMA 1AA.JPG ART PRINT AMADO MAURILIO PENA JR  CINCO DE ACOMA 2AA.JPG ART PRINT AMADO MAURILIO PENA JR  CINCO DE ACOMA 3AA.JPG

Any Jewelry, Figtree3 and Born2it like this.
  2. Born2it

Born2it Well-Known Member

Beautiful art, but I see what you mean about the handwriting!

3. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

Like a doctor's scribble!

Figtree3 likes this.
  4. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

Any Jewelry likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted