Found a couple of pottery whatsits - possibly a pie vent???

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by bercrystal, Mar 22, 2017.

1. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

These were sitting on the shelf of a TS that I visited yesterday. I was intrigued & decided for a quarter a piece they would make good whatsits. :happy::happy::happy:

They are not marked anywhere I could see. They are 2 1/2" to the side edge, 2 5/8" across the top & 1 5/8" across the bottom.

I thought maybe they were some type of pie vents, but I can't find anything like them on internet searches. :confused::confused::confused:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Thanks for any & all advice or opinions!!! :kiss::kiss:

pearlsnblume and judy like this.
  2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

they're charming...

pearlsnblume likes this.
  3. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Neat pieces! I'm getting a modern Asian vibe. All I can suggest is alternative uses like flower arranging (ikebana) or a holder for incense sticks.
    Don

pearlsnblume and Messilane like this.
  4. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

I think they are too big to be pie vents. Other than that, not a clue.

5. msgood2shoe

msgood2shoe Well-Known Member

My knee jerk thought was insulator, but they don't look to have the patina one would usually see on the unglazed parts when exposed to the elements

6. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

Thanks to everyone for their thoughts. :happy::happy::happy:

I may just keep them around for a while & if I do ever get anywhere with them I will update this thread.

judy likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted