Found a unusual (16" x 20") Jimi Hendrix black light poster at thrift store today - new or vintage?

Discussion in 'Art' started by journeymagazine, Mar 15, 2021.

1. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

I found this today at a local thrift store. It's unusual in it's size (16" x 20") and it was mounted on ...something (linen backing?) and then mounted on cardboard.
    I tried finding this image but of course I couldn't(!) - is this a new poster or a old school/vintage black light poster? (the size makes me think older but maybe they trimmed it to fit frame?)
    The backing the poster is attached to has instructions(?) in a different language - is this linen backing?
    Any information would be greatly appreciated!

ART POSTER JIMI HENDRIX BLACK LIGHT POSTER 1AA.JPG ART POSTER JIMI HENDRIX BLACK LIGHT POSTER 2AA.JPG ART POSTER JIMI HENDRIX BLACK LIGHT POSTER 3AA.JPG ART POSTER JIMI HENDRIX BLACK LIGHT POSTER 4AA.JPG ART POSTER JIMI HENDRIX BLACK LIGHT POSTER 4AAA.JPG

dude and TraceyB like this.
  2. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

It's in Spanish. Steps for installing something to a wall. Something heavy I assume as it involves J-channels and screws.

Debora

3. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

First thought, the way they have "Jimi Hendrix" written, presumably his signature, kind of makes me think 2000 or later. The design just looks more modern to my eye. (But could be wrong.)

blooey and smallaxe like this.
  4. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

5. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

That's it! WHY would they cut it down? damn!

Draft saved Draft deleted