Featured Found this adorable little Mersey flower pot today

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by ulilwitch, Feb 22, 2019.

1. ulilwitch

ulilwitch Well-Known Member

mersey vase2.png mersey vase2.png mersey vase3.png mersey vase1.png mersey vase2.png I was out with a friend today and she wanted to go through a second hand store. I was only happy to accommodate her. Ha ha. I found this cute little flower pot I guess. Though it was pretty with the water scenes. Only paid $2.00 for it. I think I did good. Haven't had much of a chance to look it up. Just wanted to show it to you. Anyone recognize the pattern?

2. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Adorable find, ulilwitch!

3. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

For $2 I would have taken that in a heart beat, sweet!

4. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

5. ulilwitch

6. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

It’s VERY nice!!!!!

7. Pat P

Pat P Well-Known Member

Oh, it's so delicate and pretty! :)

8. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

At the time this was made, Liverpool was a BIG shipping port. Still is. The Mersey is the river that empties out into the harbor. That explains the ships and the name.

9. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

Please make a new thread! :cat: LOVE the beautiful pottery! :cat:

ulilwitch likes this.
  10. ulilwitch

If anyone is still watching this thread I have a question. Thanks to your help I have found this pattern but the little vase has a red print, more like a maroon. The photos of this pattern only show brown which is quite common for this pattern and then a black. I don't know how to list it. Thanks

judy likes this.
  11. say_it_slowly

In the blog in the link above, down in the comments she mentions having seen the pattern in red.

I've been wondering if your piece might be from a wash set.

judy and Bakersgma like this.
  12. say_it_slowly

13. ulilwitch

antidiem likes this.
  14. ulilwitch

Such pretty little sets. Thank you.

antidiem, judy and Pat P like this.
  15. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

The color name that the manufacturer used on your lovely vase can be difficult to determine. What we see today as maroon was sometimes referred to as red but it could also be pink. If listing I would try and work all three color names into the listing. If you're listing on eBay you don't need to include them in your listing - it will still pick on a search even if they're only in the description. Some sellers would also use the words "Aesthetic" and "Transferware" in the listing.
    Don

antidiem, judy and SBSVC like this.
  16. ulilwitch

Thank you

Draft saved Draft deleted