Featured Found this little guy on Market Place -

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Lisa hanson, Jul 29, 2020.

1. Lisa hanson

Lisa hanson Student of the Past

Normally I am not the music box type but this was made of copper which I love, had horses, the horses move around and through the barn and doors, one of the doors locks shut and it plays Roger Miller's "King of the Road" - which is a song my Dad and I used to sing together when I was small. I got it for $10 so even if it is not worth anything, it's okay because it makes me happy. There is no mark, impression or anything on the bottom so I have no clues to offer but the pictures. It does need a good dusting/cleaning. IMG_4367.jpg IMG_4369.jpg IMG_4370.jpg IMG_4371.jpg

2. wiscbirddog

wiscbirddog Well-Known Member

Copper musical items were big in the 70s, I had a sweet carousel one back then. King of the Road came out in 1965. I really like your item - enjoy!

3. Christmasjoy

Christmasjoy Well-Known Member

LOVE THIS TOO !!! ... Joy. :):):)

johnnycb09 and Bronwen like this.
  4. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

These sell from what Ive seen ,but of course that was pre covid. I like this one a lot,the song was one of my parents favorites too.

5. andy_india

andy_india Member

Very nice item indeed and also since this is emotionally attached to you, this makes it indispensable! We all, at some point in time in our life, miss those days when our Dad used to tell stories before we would go to bed, isn't it?

pearlsnblume likes this.
  6. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Very sweet, Lisa.:)
    That is the most important thing, and you can't put a price on memories.:happy:

Draft saved Draft deleted