Featured Framed painting on porcelain tile

Discussion in 'Art' started by ALittleBit, Oct 31, 2018.

1. ALittleBit

ALittleBit ALittleBit

Hi, I live in Sydney, Australia and have been reading the Q&As on this site for some time and learning a lot. This is my first post. I am a bit of a magpie and pick up what I like. Nothing in particular. My query concerns a rural scene [girl with geese] painted on a large porcelain [?] tile or plaque with an ornate frame. There is a pretty much illegible signature, possibly beginning with the letter Z. There is nothing at all on the back.
    I am interested in its country of origin and the floral motif at the corners of the frame.
    Can anybody help please? I tried to upload a photo of the signature [bottom left] and the corner motif but got a message saying it was too big although it is just a .jpeg.

Item Girl with Geese Plaque.jpg

cxgirl, aaroncab, i need help and 5 others like this.
  2. ALittleBit

ALittleBit ALittleBit

Regarding my first post [above this I hope] I realised that I forgot to include the size. I have also tried to include a second photo of the signature and the corner motif but apparently it is too large. What am I doing wrong? Anyhow,
    Size of plaque / tile - L: 40 cm, W: 31 cm
    Size of whole item including frame: L: 67 cm, W: 57 cm.

Any info much appreciated.

cxgirl, i need help and pearlsnblume like this.
  3. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum, ALittleBit. I used to live in Sydney, in St Ives.:)
    Your lovely girl is from Bali.

Your photos need to be below 1mb, preferably 640 x 480k. That could be your problem.

Aquitaine, aaroncab and i need help like this.
  4. judy

judy Well-Known Member

Welcome to Antiquers ALittleBit!

i need help likes this.
  5. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

Hello, ALittleBit. They're pretty small for geese. Ducks, I think.

i need help likes this.
  6. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

Resize your photographs to small even though they are jpeg. Then use the full image on the site. Welcome

i need help likes this.
  7. Pat P

Pat P Well-Known Member

Welcome. :)

i need help likes this.
  8. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

KikoBlueEyes, i need help and Pat P like this.
  9. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

10. AuDragon

AuDragon Well-Known Member

Welcome, ALittleBit from Newtown, Sydney. :) You'll love this forum, so many knowledgeable people and so many interesting objects for consideration. Gotta love your reference to magpies. :joyful:

Aquitaine, Pat P and i need help like this.
  11. ALittleBit

ALittleBit ALittleBit

Thank you all very much for your warm welcomes and input on the painting and how to put up photos. The next attempt will be better. I didn't think of Bali and yes, Bronwen, I thought the birds were pretty skinny for geese so ducks it is. I'll hang around then and hopefully in time I might be able to help someone out as well.
    These forums are definitely how one finds out how little one knows:)

cxgirl, Aquitaine and Pat P like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted