Featured Fred Roberts Coffee Cups

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Berdie M, Jul 31, 2019.

1. Berdie M

Berdie M New Member

034E9D17-75B2-4942-8EA1-A6A43995D927.jpeg 39B38510-A776-49B8-9087-42E2DB636ED5.jpeg Hello all! I’m hoping someone out here can tell me some information on some coffee cups I have from my grandmother. I can’t find ANY information on them. I have 2 blue, 2 green, 1 pink and 1 yellow. I’ve included the pictures. Any help would be appreciated, thank you!
    BM

Last edited: Jul 31, 2019
  2. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

Welcome to the Forum, Berdie! Next time you post photos, check Full Image. :)

Last edited: Jul 31, 2019
  3. Berdie M

Berdie M New Member

Thank you!! I think I fixed it.

4. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Aren't those fun? But mugs not cups. Fred Roberts, a company based in San Francisco, will be the importer. And they'll date to the 1970s (or perhaps late 1960s.)

Debora

5. Berdie M

Berdie M New Member

Mugs. Noted, thank you! I have found other patterns from the company and I guessed the 70s as well but I’m looking for replacement cup for the yellow and cannot find the pattern anywhere. I’ve called it waves, bubbles, ombré, etc to no avail. I found one pink cup on Etsy and got it but the seller knew nothing about it; she also mentioned she couldn’t find any info about them.

6. scoutshouse

scoutshouse Well-Known Member

Scallops?

Cute mugs!

7. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

They would have come over in sets and not in great quantities so not surprised you're having difficulty finding replacement. "Fish scales" I'd call them (but suspect I'd be alone in that.)

Debora

8. Berdie M

Berdie M New Member

Do you know if the company was a department store type? As in sold all over the US? My grandparents traveled quite a bit so I’m wondering if she picked them up in CA or maybe just got them somewhere here in Texas.

9. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

I'd certainly think national distribution. (If you look at Fred Roberts items available on internet, on offer all across country.)

Debora

10. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Cute mugs....look like rays of sunshine for all moods!!!!:):)

11. Jivvy

Jivvy the research is my favorite

Gibson's in Texas carried Fred Robert's wares.

temp01.jpg

12. Berdie M

Berdie M New Member

This is awesome! Thank you!

Draft saved Draft deleted