Featured Frederick Cooper Lamp

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Tricia Harr, Mar 4, 2019.

1. Tricia Harr

Tricia Harr Well-Known Member

hi everyone, Any ideas on age of this
    Frederick Cooper Lamp? is this ginger jar style? everything is original.. also has a paper sticker Tyndale Lamp.
    TIA 2019-03-04-10-59-00.jpg 20190304_105817.jpg 20190304_105731.jpg 2019-03-04-10-59-23.jpg

2. Tricia Harr

It's approx 27" tall

3. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

nice color!!

i need help and Tricia Harr like this.
  4. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

Frederick Cooper lamps are pretty desirable. I can only make a guess on the dating of this, due to the solid yellow shade, probably not pre-1970s, and could be newer still. I think if you are selling, probably a good idea to include the word "Tyndale" in the listing. As long as "Frederick Cooper Tyndale" is in the title, not sure you even need to narrow down the date. People will be buying for quality and appearance. There aren't that many Frederick Cooper Tyndale lamps on Ebay, so it won't get lost in the shuffle.

If you want to post a photo here of the PLUG on the lamp cord, sometimes that can help with dating if you are still curious.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2019
  5. Tricia Harr

Thank you so much!! I will post pictures of the this evening..

i need help, komokwa and pearlsnblume like this.
  6. Tricia Harr

2019-03-04-17-58-41.jpg 2019-03-04-17-59-03.jpg

i need help likes this.
  7. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

70s into early 80s for sure.

8. Tricia Harr

I've been looking online all week, I can't find any like it or similar

9. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

That you can't find the exact one online isn't that surprising. This happens with Stiffle lamps too. These two companies made a lot of different styles but didn't go overboard mass producing. Also (its been a while since I sold a Frederick Cooper lamp) but if memory serves, for some of these F.C. lamps the signature is just on the shade, so if the shade has damage and gets pitched, no one knows what kind of lamp it is so even if up for sale, it is just sold as an anonymous lamp.

I don't think has a lot of extra value because you can't find another. I think its value is in the maker, that you have the original shade etc. and a date range of 70s-80s is pretty desirable in today's market.

Check Ebay for sold FC lamps and what they are realizing so you have a bit of a price point.

komokwa, Tricia Harr and i need help like this.
  10. Tricia Harr

Thank you!! I'll check it out

Draft saved Draft deleted