Featured french glass stand

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Steven S., Nov 15, 2019.

1. Steven S.

Steven S. Well-Known Member

Need some help with this. Marked "Cristal Sevres France" in a circle on a smooth and polished base. Top is green like Jadeite. Bottom is clear frosted and a kneeling nude woman holding up the bowl. Obviously art deco in styling but not sure of age. Quite heavy for size. A bit over 6" in diameter and 6" tall. I have looked through as much Sevres glass as I can find and I can't find this piece. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. aaarsDSC06713_(2).jpg aaarsDSC06707_(2).jpg aaarsDSC06712.jpg

2. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

Please show us a picture of the bottoms.

It looks very "Lalique-ish" though just a wild guess..

3. Steven S.

The pictures of the bottom would not come out. I need to do it tomorrow in natural daylight without flash. The mark is acid-etched and done by machine. Would Lalique sign a piece "Cristal Sevres France"?

judy and blooey like this.
  4. blooey

blooey Well-Known Member

It's pretty obvious these two pieces have been made separately so (this is just a suggestion!) is it possible that this is a marriage between a bookend and bowl, perhaps made up by a fan of Art Deco? It does have a rather incongruous look to me, for a designed "as such" piece ...

judy and Fid like this.
  5. Steven S.

I think it was meant to be this way particularly since her arm is raised to hold something, in this case, the bowl.

KikoBlueEyes and George Nesmith like this.
  6. antidiem

Yes it could say all of that, or just "France" or more.. but we would have to see it, go ahead and upload it please.

Yes, Blooey, it could def be a "marriage" of these pieces.

judy and blooey like this.
  7. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Art deco by way of the 1980s would be my guess.

i need help, antidiem and judy like this.
  8. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

Last edited: Nov 16, 2019
  9. antidiem

That's it! Thanks, Kiko! :cat:

KikoBlueEyes and i need help like this.
  10. Steven S.

Thanks much!

antidiem and KikoBlueEyes like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted