Featured French-Italian Liquor Co. Advertising Board

Discussion in 'Ephemera and Photographs' started by albyz, Feb 22, 2018.

1. albyz

albyz New Member

Hi,
    I am looking for information about this advertising board. I didn't find anything about it on the internet.
    Due to the prohibition, I suppose it hasn't been produced from 1920 to 1932 :)

The color image printed on the layer that is behind the window is obtained by pattern screen printing (I can read the following little inscription: GP 2035 LITHO. IN U.S.A. LG Co - or GL Co)

The black and beige picture is printed directly on the back side of the glass by silk-screen printing.
    Company name and address is printed (using lead type) on a cuted cardboard.

Dimensions are about 17 x 13 cm (6"1/2 x 5").

If useful, I can post the scan of the 4 layers.

Thank you for your help.

French-Italian Liquor Co.jpg

2. judy

judy Well-Known Member

3. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

albyz, Bronwen, judy and 1 other person like this.
  4. Huntingtreasure

Huntingtreasure Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum!

judy and Any Jewelry like this.
  5. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Hi and WELCOME, Albyz!!!!! Lots to see, learn, show and tell here!!!!:):):):)

judy likes this.
  6. LIbraryLady

LIbraryLady Well-Known Member

The clock is set for 8:00, and for decades, and until the last few years, liquor sales stopped at 8pm, in Conn. I doubt that there is any real meaning behind that, but wanted to let you know.

7. albyz

albyz New Member

Thank you very much for all your answers and welcome.

Now I realize that I didn't use the right keywords!!

Very interesting. I have not found exactly the same silouhette but now I know that this kind of product is not rare at all :) Some are much nice than mine.

Thank you LibraryLady for the précision for Conn. Maybe ads were not forbidden.

Now I don't know if I have to repare the thermometer or not (I found here one capillary tube that is similar but not exactly the same http://www.toutacreer.fr/accessoires-loisirs-creatifs/2442-thermometres-55-cm-x3-3471052850177.html )
    I continue the search for its manufacturing period.

Draft saved Draft deleted