Featured French Plate? Italian?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Tanya, Oct 6, 2019.

1. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

15795D30-65DB-4314-AD05-CB0AD77A9C36.jpeg 1CB33AEF-1CB5-4215-AE04-C08FA2D45A8D.jpeg F9264EEB-22EF-4A96-9157-8C3DCD2FE83A.jpeg DC03EA74-8CD0-426D-B995-EEC979E8A53B.jpeg hand painted. And the repair was likely made before WWII.

Thoughts on this plate? French? Italian? Where could I learn more?

2. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

Figtree3, judy, Any Jewelry and 3 others like this.
  3. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

Figtree3, judy, Tanya and 2 others like this.
  4. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

judy likes this.
  5. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

kentworld, judy, Figtree3 and 5 others like this.
  6. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

7. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

Those look like great resources, @say_it_slowly . I hope they help. I love these sorts of plates.

i need help likes this.
  8. Touchdry

Touchdry Well-Known Member

It would not surprise me if this is a piece of faience from Angouleme, France (just up the road from me!) ... it's the A ... Alfred Renoleau of Angouleme signed his work AR then A ... but I am not sure that this is his ... best google him and see if you can find some good signature shots. The French Pottery forum is an excellent place for this enquiry. But better brush up on your Google Translate ... unless you speak French ... you will need to sign up (for free): http://placedelours.superforum.fr/

Draft saved Draft deleted