French Service Set

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by santiques, Jun 21, 2019.

1. santiques

santiques Active Member

I found this set in the shop they said its french made and according to the label and the note paper given by the owner its 1940s set coming with clear glass antique wine glasses. They request 30Euros for the whole set does it worth to buy it and sell it after that?

Is this a know and genuine label at the back I think its read UML France

Thanks in advance French full service set.jpg

French Service Set dish backside.jpg

French service Set Note Paper.jpg

cxgirl likes this.
  2. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

DON'T !!!
    nobody will buy it. you'll find these complete services at every marché de puce. unsalable if not Limoges or Sèvres.

3. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

As much as I love French porcelain I'm afraid I must agree with Fid. It looks completely utilitarian without any interesting decorative touches. Even complete sets of Limoges are difficult to sell. You would have this in your inventory forever.
    Don

cxgirl, santiques and judy like this.
  4. JB Miller

JB Miller Well-Known Member

The company is Usine Marc Larcheveque, Vierzon. A link to info about him, LINK.

kentworld, cxgirl and santiques like this.
  5. santiques

santiques Active Member

Sorry I did not come back to this thread earlier and thanks to your answers

As for website seems a well made factory and a good history to read about it. For the look as you mentioned I find it plain as well nothing so attractive in the design and I don’t have enough space to store and sell slowly each plate :D

i need help, cxgirl and komokwa like this.
  6. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

The containers in back are pretty. Are they part of the set, I can’t see them very well?

santiques likes this.
  7. santiques

santiques Active Member

The containers are not part of the set

i need help likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted