Friday's Thrift Finds - Warhol 10 Faces of Marilyn, Frederick Ramon Chandelier, MCM Lunar 1 Lamps

Discussion in 'Art' started by journeymagazine, May 14, 2022.

1. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

Found some treasures Friday at a local thrift store & wanted to show you all - and I only have 1 question!

First is a Andy Warhol 10 Faces of Marilyn Monroe poster matted & framed w a well known Coral Gables gallery name stamped on the back. My question - how can I tell if it's the 1964 original or the 1990's reprint?
    The viewable art measures 38" x 22.5" and w/frame measures 49.5" x 33"

The 2nd is a Picasso and Braque Pioneers of Cubism exhibition poster

The 3rd is a Frederick Ramon circa 1970's chandelier

And finally a set of 3 mid century Lunar 1 floor lamps

Total for all - $160!
    Hope you like them!

ART POSTER ANDY WARHOL 10 FACES OF MARILYN MONROE 1A_AA.JPG ART PAINTING A GROUP 1AAA A GROUP  A_.  ANDY WARHOL MARILYN MONROE NAPOLEAN AA.JPG ART POSTER PICASSO AND BRAQUE PIONEERING CUBISM 1AA.JPG ART POSTER PICASSO AND BRAQUE PIONEERING CUBISM 3AA.JPG FURNITURE LAMP LUNAR 1 ATOMIC FLOOR LAMP 1AA.JPG FURNITURE LAMP CHANDELIER FREDERICK RAMON 1AA.JPG FURNITURE LAMP CHANDELIER FREDERICK RAMON 2AA.JPG FURNITURE LAMP CHANDELIER FREDERICK RAMON 5AA.JPG FURNITURE LAMP CHANDELIER FREDERICK RAMON 8AA.JPG

Born2it and charlie cheswick like this.
  2. journeymagazine

Oops - the back of the Warhol poster with the gallery's stamp.(I've heard of this gallery here in Miami)

ART POSTER ANDY WARHOL 10 FACES OF MARILYN MONROE 5AA.JPG ART POSTER ANDY WARHOL 10 FACES OF MARILYN MONROE 5AAA.JPG

charlie cheswick likes this.
  3. Bookahtoo

Bookahtoo Moderator Moderator

I'm guessing yours is the 1964 rather than the 1990s reprint based on the fact that there is no area code on the telephone number.

Born2it, Boland, Lucille.b and 2 others like this.
  4. wlwhittier

wlwhittier Well-Known Member

Good eye! I missed that.

Born2it and Lucille.b like this.
  5. journeymagazine

That's what I was hoping - it was a great find!
    Thank you!

Lucille.b likes this.
  6. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Love the white lamps !

Born2it and Lucille.b like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted