From same estate, "Varsity Vanities" pendant key

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by Lucille.b, Apr 27, 2017.

1. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

Thoughts? Would this be associated with the fraternity pin I posted yesterday? Same former owner, his initials on the back. Asking because of the "key" shape. Something from Theta Chi, or just a university piece? Thanks.

(I believe the U of C refers to University of Cincinnati and did find in research that there was a movie or play titled "Varsity Vanities".)

Curious if I should list it under the Ebay category: "Fraternities" or somewhere else. Thanks.

var3.jpg var4.jpg

2. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Figtree3 and yourturntoloveit like this.
  3. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

Thanks for taking a look, Debora. :)

So no fraternity connection then.

I'm surprised they would have a key/pendant made up for the production, but maybe that was common back in the 40's.

4. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Oh, no... there would have been a fraternity connection. The house would have participated in the production, whether a musical number or skit.

Debora

Last edited: Apr 27, 2017
  5. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

BUT... we don't know if Ron Fisher was in a house at U. of C. So better stated, the acts participating in Varsity Vanities would have been made up of the various campus living groups, whether fraternities or "halls" (dorms.) He could have been a Theta Chi there; the fraternity established a chapter at U of C in 1942.

Debora

Last edited: Apr 27, 2017
Draft saved Draft deleted