frosted flowery 3 footed cake plate

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by rknarr2, Jul 4, 2019.

1. rknarr2

rknarr2 Well-Known Member

frosted flowery 3 footed cake plate. Top dia. 10 1/8", bottom dia. 1 1/2", 2 1/2" height. I am looking to identify the piece, company, pattern and era of this. Thank you for assistance in this Rob
    IMG_9540small.JPG IMG_9535small.JPG IMG_9538small.JPG

2. laura9797

laura9797 Well-Known Member

depression era satin glass - can't remember if Jeanette or Lancaster did these?

3. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

I think it's Lancaster's Kay pattern. They identified this shape as an "orange bowl". Found in crystal (clear and satin finish), topaz, and rose. Introduced circa 1932. This information is from Kastowney's Lancaster Glass Company book.
    Don

Cherryhill likes this.
  4. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

I hope the paint was post-factory; it's pretty well post-paint now unfortunately.

5. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

According to the book this pattern was sold with a satin finish and hand painted flowers.
    Don

Christmasjoy likes this.
  6. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted