Featured Fun brooch find

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by Lucille.b, Dec 6, 2019.

1. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

DH had business trip in a town with a lengthy row of antique malls so I joined him. For the most part these malls aren't going to have some greatly under-priced item sitting out because other dealers who have booths would see it and snatch it up. But one can still hope, and it was fun looking around and seeing what people charge for this and that in another city.

Hadn't found much after half a day, literally had just ten minutes before I had to catch a bus back.

With 10 minutes left, one of the last things I looked at was this huge flat 4ft case of vintage jewelry all on "half price". Vintage Saphiret pin alert! OMG I run to the front to ask them to open the case, get the pin ($14) and run on my old legs to catch the bus.

It isn't a 1900s one, this is the vintage type, but still collected big time.

Meet DH on the bus. Honestly we have kind of a long running joke (Saphiret being one of the Holy Grail's for me) and first thing DH says, "Find any Saphirets?"

:)

asap1.jpg

Last edited: Dec 6, 2019
  2. Xristina

Xristina Well-Known Member

Wow.. what a find, Lucille ! Congratulations !:)

3. ulilwitch

ulilwitch Well-Known Member

It's beautiful. Saw a listing on ebay a couple months ago and thought it was stunning.

Figtree3, judy, Lucille.b and 3 others like this.
  4. kyratango

kyratango Bug jewellery addiction!

:woot:Wow! Lucky star you are!:)

Figtree3, judy, Lucille.b and 2 others like this.
  5. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

way to keep the faith until the last moment !!!
    & glad u made the bus !!!!!;)

judy, Lucille.b, Christmasjoy and 2 others like this.
  6. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

If you had missed the bus, would hubby have waited for you? Knowing you were with a Saphiret?;)

judy, Lucille.b, Christmasjoy and 2 others like this.
  7. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

That's a great find and beautiful!

8. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

Situation was I was taking a short bus to the main terminal (where I would meet up with DH's bus.) The connector bus I had to take only ran once an hour but was going to get me to the main terminal about 45 minutes earlier than I needed. So did have the back up of either walking 1.5 miles during the 45 minutes (I would walk 1.5 miles for a Saphiret for sure) or possibly calling an Uber. So those were back up plans. There was no way I was leaving that Saphiret, lol!

But I just hustled and did an arthritic 100 yard dash to the bus stop and caught the darn thing. I'm great at walking, but running is not that easy for me anymore. Crazy what you will do for a jewel! :cool:

9. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

Congrats Lucille, what a fabulous find:)

Bronwen and Lucille.b like this.
  10. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

The things we do for sapphiret! I'd have been in the same boat ... but probably needed that Uber since walking at any speed isn't on any more.

11. Marko

Marko Well-Known Member

I would have MISSED the bus for that! Saphiret is one of my Holy Grail finds, too.

12. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

That is beautiful! And the story is great, too. :)

Lucille.b likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted