Fun little assortment....

Discussion in 'Give Aways' started by Aquitaine, Feb 8, 2022.

1. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Obviously I don't do out of US other than Canada and members must be Well Known Members of AT LEAST 6 Months!
    I bought the Perpetual Calendar for my Mom when she opened her Aquitaine Antiques shop back in I think 1990, but I don't think it was "her thing"!! It's NOT older than that....has I think a silk (?) cord attached. She never looked 3 times at it!! I think it's made of Pewter with a Brass ring in the middle and it does also say Carpe Diem on the inside of it. But it does have a story about Eleanor of Aquitaine...
    Aquitaine's Perpetual Calendar

Engraved with an authentic Celtic knotted design. Eleanor of Aquitaine (Became Queen along with Henry of England in 1154) gave a similar sundial to King Henry II to remind him when it was time to leave the hunt and join her for one of their love trysts. Henry had a copy of the dial made for Eleanor and had it inlaid with diamonds and engraved with the words Carpe Diem, or "Seize the Day". Henry's inspired words are there on the inside of the pendant. (Sorry...no diamonds here!)
    How it works...

On sunny days, suspend the dial by its black satin cord and aim the hole toward the sun. A ray of sunlight will shine through to illuminate a number on the inside of the dial, showing the time of day.

There is also in the give away 1 & 1/2 cuff links....you can see the red ones are marked "Swank"...no other marking. The single with the violin & music on it says "pat.2472958" on the shank and on the cuff link back itself 'MADE IN FRANCE' Pictures below! I'll use my Random Wheel Generator if anyone is interested....let's give it until this Friday? Feel free if you have any questions.....usual procedure with the private Convo section!!

CUFFLINKS-CALENDAR-1.jpg

PERPETUAL CAL-2.jpg

2. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

Great give away! What a cool thing :) That’s a bit Indiana Jones’ish shining the sun through to see the time!

Figtree3 and Aquitaine like this.
  3. Bookahtoo

Bookahtoo Moderator Moderator

4. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

I'll let the next "guy" have it. Cool calendar though.

Pat Dennis and Figtree3 like this.
  5. Aquitaine

Awesome!!! Kinda hope more than one....I love spinning the random generator!! But JUST ONE IS PERFECTLY FINE TOO!!!:joyful::joyful: And STILL haven't found that/those Cary Grant VHS videos!!! Bummer!

Last edited: Feb 8, 2022
    Figtree3 and KSW like this.
  6. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

Maybe pop a note up there ^^ on general discussion, even on rants and raves ( as giving something away is definitely a rave!) I don’t think things get noticed down here unless you give it a nudge.
    I’d be in if I wasn’t across the pond!

Figtree3, bercrystal and Aquitaine like this.
  7. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I'm in, too!

Have been debating for a couple of days whether or not I really need something like this. Finally decided that the music cuff link is something one of my relatives would like.

By the way, I always check this forum on Antiquers if I see there is a new post. I do not check every forum here. So if people started randomly posting give aways in other places I would probably never see most of them. [And this thread has been viewed 115 times, so a lot of people have looked.]

bercrystal and Aquitaine like this.
  8. Aquitaine

Thanks @KSW for the suggestion about General Discussion....I usually totally FORGET about the GIVE AWAY!!!!:rolleyes: But I'm going to be putting up some more small things (have to check how often I can do that!)......

9. Aquitaine

SUPER! @Figtree3, and now there be two!!!! Will spin tomorrow, hopefully early enough to get them in the mail!!!

I have a BUNCH of little things I'll be adding here soon!!! I know the SELL site says not more often than 'once a week', but will have to recheck what it says for this site!

Figtree3 and KSW like this.
  10. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

I don't think there is any limit on the give-aways. It is any many as you want to do. However, we can always get a ruling from the judges. :happy::happy:

@daveydempsey @Bookahtoo @i need help What say you? ;):playful::happy::happy:

Figtree3 and Aquitaine like this.
  11. Aquitaine

Thank you for checking, Peggy!!

bercrystal likes this.
  12. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

You are quite welcome!! :happy::happy::kiss:

13. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

No limit I know of.

Figtree3 and bercrystal like this.
  14. Figtree3

Well, good point. Everybody is different! I don't check the Rants and Raves thread very often any more, compared to before. It takes more concentration than I have to follow the long discussions and general strings of comments.

But on the other hand, if a give away was in that thread the audience would be limited to those few (maybe 20-30?) ranters and ravers who often comment there. And those are the most likely people to participate in the Give Aways, anyhow.

15. Aquitaine

EXCELLENT, @i need help, but I'll need to FINISH one before I start another, or people will be liable to be getting surprises they thought they'd won but someone else got!!!!!!!!!!!:happy::happy::happy::hilarious:

bercrystal and i need help like this.
  16. Aquitaine

AND THE WINNER IS:

SPIN TH WHEEL.jpg
    So, @Figtree3, if you will PM me your address, I'll take care of the rest!! It's been SO long since I did this I had to re-learn 'the wheel'....duuhh!! In ALL FAIRNESS, I never spin more than ONCE!! Congrats, Fig!!​

Lucille.b, KSW, bercrystal and 2 others like this.
  17. Figtree3

Thank you! Will send you a message in just a minute...

KSW and bercrystal like this.
  18. Aquitaine

@Figtree3, went in the mail about 1:30, EST....said about 1 week to arrive, with tracking....

KSW and Figtree3 like this.
  19. Bookahtoo

Bookahtoo Moderator Moderator

Congrats fig!!

KSW and Figtree3 like this.
  20. Figtree3

Thank you! I almost never win games of chance.

KSW likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted