Funky Glass Vase/Candle Holder?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by smshart, May 9, 2022.

1. smshart

smshart Member

Carnival Glass 4.jpg Carnival Glass 2.jpg Carnival Glass 3.jpg Carnival Glass 1.jpg Carnival Glass 5.jpg "Funky" Glass Vase- approx. 6 & 1/4 tall by 4 & 1/2 wide. I love the iridescence of this "carnival" piece. Trying to id if even considered as carnival glass, don't think so but design is more 'modern' in style for opalescent to my thinking? I have not ever seen one with these "funky" indents before...the bottom isn't exactly smooth. The swirl pattern at bottom goes up into an overall swirl pattern. There is one area on a side that has a "line" but that line doesn't go all the way from top to bottom like a molded seam would. The indents aren't spaced evenly in that between 2 of them it's approx. 3 inches and on another side approx. 4 inches from one to the next. When the tool was used to created the indents, it it was not applied using same "pressure" on each. Each tip is rounded/domed but they aren't the same from outside in, to end of tip. I am thinking the indents are there to make carrying the vase easier, but maybe there were put there to just to be "funky" and different? Or, possibly even as someone suggested on another site, the indents are there to hold a "plate" on which a candle would sit or just put a pillar directly on top of ? There is no evidence of scratching on inside, from a 'plate" being moved or shifting about, and no evidence of wax residue. I've not seen glass candle holders with these indent shapes before. Any help is appreciated.

Last edited: May 9, 2022
    LauraGarnet02 likes this.
  2. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Not "carnival" but opalescent would be a better descriptor.

smshart likes this.
  3. smshart

smshart Member

Thanks!

Born2it likes this.
  4. *crs*

*crs* Hippy Dippy Antiquer

I see iridescent marigold. No opalescense. :angelic:

Figtree3, smshart and Bakersgma like this.
  5. Francisco G Kempton

Francisco G Kempton Well-Known Member

A drinking glass, deisgned form some type of cocktail? Ice! or a cocanut or something that holds the peel of a fruit.

6. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

The indents may be there to attach the glass or vase to something else. Have no idea what that might be, though.

Draft saved Draft deleted